Everyday / work bag recommendation

lc604

O.G.
Feb 5, 2010
Unfortunately, totes don't really work for me since I commute to work and they're usually too big on my frame (5'0"). I returned a Mansur Gavriel tote because it was massive and it was difficult to put the strap over my winter coat. I'm open to contemporary or not well-known brands as long as the quality is good!

Needs to be (or as close as possible):
- small to medium (around the size of antigona mini)
- light
- no logos, patterns (no LV mono or damier)
- has a long strap
- looks relatively professional

Budget: $1500 CAD

My current collection:
- Gucci mini Marmont flap
- LV multi pochette
- Givenchy antigona mini --- this was my go to, but the strap annoys the hell out me (super long and tends to unhook itself)
- Fendi by the way medium
- Balenciaga city

How do you feel about contemporary bags? Coccinelle Arlettis line is very sophisticated and low key when it comes to branding, and there are several sizes and styles.

Contemporary bags are great too! I just discovered Demellier on another thread and I’m really liking the look of the Vancouver bag. Just not sure how the bag holds up over time.

I highly recommend taking a look at the Carolina Herrera bag selection. There are a lot of choices and most come in versions with or without logos. I have a few CH bags and love them for their quality, their handsome designs (excellent work bags), their under-the-radar appeal (counterfeits are rare) and their prices -- premium brand quality and design at contemporary prices. Most are made in Spain, in the town noted for its skilled leather artisans. Some of the models that might fit your brief: Andy, Initials Insignia (the initials are very subtle), Duke, Bimba Hobo or Bimba Satchel. (I posted the link for the UK, but you can switch to other countries.)

If you're not necessarily looking for something that has to be super fancy, and if you're also open to contemporary, then I'd consider the Coach Cassie crossbody. It's very functional, professional looking, has no logos, and is well-made.

Another contemporary brand to consider looking into is Senreve. Their bags are high quality, well within budget, and have no large logos. I recently bought the Aria belt bag and I'm impressed with the quality (it wouldn't be large enough for me to use as a work bag..but they have some other bags, I believe the Maestra is also popular and comes in various sizes).