Everyday tote: Longchamp Le Pliage or Lululemon Effortless Tote?

Gotta chime in and agree with the Pliage. So much more versatile. Also, the foldability factor should not be underestimated--later on, when your kids are older and you're back to nice leather bags, you can always carry it folded up inside another handbag and use it to carry sudden purchases, or as an "overbag" when it's raining and you don't want to get your fancy leather bag wet. And it makes the best "extra" bag when you are traveling--a great carry-on, or stash it in your luggage and use it to haul your souvenirs home!

rosamonde said:
Gotta chime in and agree with the Pliage. So much more versatile. Also, the foldability factor should not be underestimated--later on, when your kids are older and you're back to nice leather bags, you can always carry it folded up inside another handbag and use it to carry sudden purchases, or as an "overbag" when it's raining and you don't want to get your fancy leather bag wet. And it makes the best "extra" bag when you are traveling--a great carry-on, or stash it in your luggage and use it to haul your souvenirs home!

This is exactly what I did with my bigger Jeremy Scott longchamp on my last trip!

I vote for longchamp ;)
Btw, the bilberry color was from fall/winter 2011. You might need to find this color in longchamp outlet, but not in the boutique.
Have fun to find your bag :biggrin:

I bought the Longchamp as a Mommy bag and it is perfect for that use! The other one looks way too large and cumbersome. I'd worry about turning suddenly and smacking one of my kids and knocking them down! LOL!

Also, I love the foldability factor, too. It's perfect to carry with you when traveling! I will probably find ways to use it for the rest of my life, even when my son is grown.

I got the graphite color. I actually wanted navy, but there were none to be found, but the graphite has proven to be a perfect color. Goes along with any and every outfit, works for all seasons.

I own both and carry my longchamp far more (although my lulu is turquoise and not black..) ... The lulu is cute but a wee too big and gym bag like to carry for everyday. I vote longchamp!

My vote goes to Longchamp. It's so light it's a welcome respite from my heavy leather bags. I wear my Longchamp on days when I just don't want to worry about my bag getting dirty, getting bumped by other people, getting wet or getting denim transfer!:smile:

LatestObsession said:
How do you fit your Le Pliage inside a smaller purse? The handles are so long. Do you fold them down? Does that cause the leather to tear eventually? TIA

Mine is actually the one with the shorter handles, I think it's called the medium handbag and not the tote so i can fold and put it in almost anywhere. I like the shorter handles bc I can hold it in the crook of my arm and also on my shoulder when it gets heavier. My other Jeremy Scott one folds up into a decent size so I take that with me as a just in case bag when I'm traveling.