Everyday right hand ring

HoneyPieII

Sep 8, 2012
I am turning 18 and will get a diamond ring as a birthday gift. I've been browsing tiffany.com, but it feels like most of the rings either look like engagement rings or otherwise they don't look that grown up (I don't want any hearts, bows etc.)

I want a classic and timeless everyday ring which is quite slim. Any suggestions?

A budget might help!

But the Cartier just un clou ring with diamonds is what I'd recommend!

edit: noticed that you specified something slim!

Last edited:
What about the Cartier Love wedding band? It looks great as a right hand ring and comes either plain or with one diamond if you want a little bling. I don't know the latest price but I believe that the diamond version would be in your budget.

Did you want a big diamond? If not, I liked the pave stack rings at nordstrom. I tried this one on and I loved it:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/bony-le...dstrom-exclusive/3854060?origin=keywordsearch

We added a 1mm wire ring to top and bottom to give it more mass. This web site has $50 gold spacer rings:

http://vraiandoro.com/

Bony Levy at nordstrom has some pave criss cross rings that look nice, but are rather thin. I loved the idea of stacking pave rings in different metals, though.

Another idea is to look for asymmetrical rings. I found that most of the rings I liked with the larger diamonds protruded out more than I felt comfortable with.

If you just want a band, the ones with embedded diamonds are pretty. There used to be a Tiffany Atlas ring with embedded diamonds that I liked.

Just keep looking and trying rings on. You'll find something that you like. Try designer jewelry stores that are not mainstream too.

Do you have a picture of your Elsa Peretti ring?

And thanks for the answers. I will check them out:smile:

I am right now considering the either the Tiffany T wire ring in 18k white gold with diamonds or a 3 mm diamond band ring.

Here is my Elsa Peretti ring. I happen to have a 3mm diamond band as well, the band is from Tiffany, with 0.03c per stone and it has 11 stones. Sorry for the bad quality pics as I had to take them with my phone.

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).JPG
    photo 1 (1).JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 1,327
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    272.7 KB · Views: 1,245
I wear an XL Cartier trinity ring as my RHR, but I'm a lot older than you.

I would take a look at catbird.com, they have such cool stuff. I'm addicted to their earrings.

I wear a Tiffany platinum Etoile ring on my right hand and it's perfect for everyday - really sturdy and pretty. It is a simple band with scattered diamonds, so could be a wedding ring but looks good on any finger.

Cartier Trinity is classic too.