"Everyday" necklaces

Blossy

Dec 30, 2012
I've never really given this a thought until I joined this forum, and now I see many of you have "everyday" necklaces.

I guess I'm exploring the idea.

Do most of you just have the one everyday necklace, and just change it for special occasions?

Or is it quite common to have several "everyday" options, and change them according to mood, clothes etc, such as having a gold and a white metal option?

I'm giving serious thought to the best way forward in building a quality jewellery collection and I'm trying to figure out the sorts of pieces I need.

Thanks!

I rotate between my emerald cut diamond pendant and my small ruby/diamonds pendant. Sometimes I wear other jewelry n would take off the diamond one. I'm a SAHM now so I tend to stick w my two diamond ones.

I have several necklaces which i rotate between. They are in rg, wg and sterling silver. I usually wear each 24/7 for a few weeks/days depending on my mood. As their designs are simple (heart pendants & solitaire), they go with everything so they rarely clash with my dressing. I shall be adding a dbty as one of my everyday necklaces come my birthday :yahoo:

I'm sort of thinking along the lines of perhaps a rg bean, silver dbty style (stations) and a bigger yg solitaire in a prong/bale setting.

What do you think? I'd probably vary by the day according to mood.

To be honest, all of my necklaces at the moment are "everyday necklaces. However, right now I have been wearing diamond horseshoe necklace in WG and a YG DBTY style together. I have been known to not change my everyday necklaces for a year or two or more. My vote goes towards the RG bean combo (all three to switch around!)

Gosh, I have a ton of everyday necklaces. I wear some more than other, depending on my mood and how it matches my outfit.

I have: green quartz stone with silver chain, yg open heart (bluenile version), wg handbag pendant which is pavee with diamonds and pink sapphires, blue topaz with silver chain, wg locket, engraved silver locket, platinum tiny heart, platinum infinity pendant, tiffany letter pendant. My only occasional necklace is a diamond journey pendant. Of everything, I think my open heart gets worn the most. In fact, I love it so much, I've thought of upgrading to the tiffany version. I would recommend it to anyone.

And I'd still like to add a diamond solitaire pendant, a cross, and possibly something VCA.

Yikes! Maybe my husband is right, and I do have too much jewelry. I'm going to go ahead and justify it by saying almost every piece cost under $200 and I don't have any earrings, or a watch, and only one bracelet.

I wear a Tiffany Victoria pendant in plat most of the time. I'm usually too lazy to take it off, even for sleeping.
I sometimes mix in a small/short YG DBTY type necklace, a WG 1/2 carat bezel set pendant necklace and a Jennifer Meyer Arrow pendant in YG on a bead chain.

I have several necklaces which i rotate between. They are in rg, wg and sterling silver. I usually wear each 24/7 for a few weeks/days depending on my mood. As their designs are simple (heart pendants & solitaire), they go with everything so they rarely clash with my dressing. I shall be adding a dbty as one of my everyday necklaces come my birthday :yahoo:

Bread I hope u get yr dbty - I cant wait to see the pix. My bday in april but Im hoping Ill have one by june (wedding anniversary 10 yrs)!

I usually wear my newest necklace till I get sick of it.
Right now it's a diamond collar in 18kt YG/WG.
I'm going to have to learn to rotate...too much stuff!
Congrats Bread and Caz...post pics!