Everyday bag recommendations

meester

O.G.
Aug 1, 2009
Trying to buy my wife a Bayswater, which of these options would you say is most practical for everyday use?

attachment.php
(klp0213's bag)

Navy Hair calf (can't find a photo)

Spazzalato:
1.jpg

emerald green (no picture)

mulberrybayswater.jpg

Rouge noir soft calf metallic
Er, something like this? http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c1577/3820/category/

Navy leopard print
mulberry-leopard-bayswater-bag.jpg

silveradu.jpg

Or the black: http://www.stylebop.com/popup_image.php?artnbr=112267

goldyvs.jpg

Also dark bronze metallic

The only ones I don't like are the gold (which they call bronze) and the navy leopard.

Last edited:
Hello, what a lovely husband you are for sourcing a bays for your wife :biggrin: Of the ones you have listed there, I'd say the fuschia bays. But the colour may not match all of her clothes, depends if she is happy to "clash"? if you want to play it safe, how about oak, chocolate or black?

I'm not sure the metallic ones would work as well for every day, as some of them will wear in places and the finish may wear off.
The fuschia buffalo is gorgeous.
Do you know what type your wife likes, or is it a surprise?

Hello, what a lovely husband you are for sourcing a bays for your wife :biggrin: Of the ones you have listed there, I'd say the fuschia bays. But the colour may not match all of her clothes, depends if she is happy to "clash"? if you want to play it safe, how about oak, chocolate or black?

Yeah she wants oak printed leather, but that costs £650. I can't bear paying full price for this sort of thing.

The only colour she mentioned she likes is coral.

Ahhh well, it sounds like you are on to a winner with the fuschia then! Maybe KLP can give you some advice on hers, I think from previous posts that she uses it quite a lot, so she should have some good feedback.

I agree with the other ladies, fuschia buffalo is a winner and works well in the rain. I have fuschia ombre and it is a surprisingly versaltile colour in fact I've not found anything that it doesn't look good with yet.

I've seen oak printed at Shepton Mallet once (it was snapped up very quickly) but have seen black and choc printed at Shepton and Bicester several times. Perhaps you should try the outlet to see if you can get exactly what she wants first - they are Shepton Mallet, Bicester and Cheshire Oaks. They do mail order.

Whatever you decide on your wife will love it. You are a star for surprising her with a bays.

ah thanks, I hadn't heard of Cheshire Oaks. Tried Bicester, not helpful over the phone, Shepton Mallet are much better.

The outlets have their congo print brown bag, but they are special cheap & nasty outlet versions, not good really.

Just called Cheshire Oaks, not too bad, but there does seem to be a lot of overlap between the outlets.

Last edited:
I just called York, they have pretty much the same stock as all the other stores - rouge noir, bronze, a few spazzalatos, the outlet specials, and the shiny silver.

Anyway, I have ordered the fuchsia. Will be arriving on Tuesday, as we're on holiday till then.

They described it as polished buffalo leather. Not sure if it's the same as the one in my OP, but if we don't like it, will send it back. Have told my wife if she gets bored of it she can ebay it and buy another.

I just called York, they have pretty much the same stock as all the other stores - rouge noir, bronze, a few spazzalatos, the outlet specials, and the shiny silver.

Anyway, I have ordered the fuchsia. Will be arriving on Tuesday, as we're on holiday till then.

They described it as polished buffalo leather. Not sure if it's the same as the one in my OP, but if we don't like it, will send it back. Have told my wife if she gets bored of it she can ebay it and buy another.

Well done on making a decision, I'm sure your wife will love it. If not, I bet there'd be a few interested parties on here :graucho:

The outlets have their congo print brown bag, but they are special cheap & nasty outlet versions, not good really.

QUOTE]

I dont agree with this statement !!! so obvious your a male and dont understand Mulberry bags.:wtf::tdown:.

Their outlet specials that why they are a bit cheaper as they dont have the four metal feet for protection and a leather clochette thats all, bet if it was a extra for a BMW you would not be giving grieve.

Stop moaning about the money, if your wife wants a Mulberry Bayswater buy her one and stop being a cheapskate.:lecture::rant::noggin: