Everyday B/K

LOA

Jul 30, 2015
Hello fellow H-Lovers :heart:

I am looking for an Hermès everyday bag. I'm thinking carrying to work (don't need to carry a laptop), going shopping, groceries run, kids stuff etc.
I already have a B 30 and love it, however I would love a bag to be able to close all the time (I'm too lazy with the B).
Do you have any recommendations? I thought of a K 32 in a neutral shade. Is is too big? Does it fit the necessities and then some? Maybe a small water bottle?
What leather do you recon? Can Togo handle some rain? Don't worry, the future bag is not going to be dragged around the mud, just want to be precautious...

THANK YOU!
So many ladies and gents here with a lot of experience :biggrin:

Hello fellow H-Lovers :heart:

I am looking for an Hermès everyday bag. I'm thinking carrying to work (don't need to carry a laptop), going shopping, groceries run, kids stuff etc.
I already have a B 30 and love it, however I would love a bag to be able to close all the time (I'm too lazy with the B).
Do you have any recommendations? I thought of a K 32 in a neutral shade. Is is too big? Does it fit the necessities and then some? Maybe a small water bottle?
What leather do you recon? Can Togo handle some rain? Don't worry, the future bag is not going to be dragged around the mud, just want to be precautious...

THANK YOU!
So many ladies and gents here with a lot of experience :biggrin:

Have you considered a Garden Party? Perhaps it might be good for everyday and will definitely carry anything you may need throughout the day!

A Kelly 32 retourné sounds perfect. You should be able to get in everything for a day If not for the kids' stuff a 28 might suffice, but a 32 is not that much bigger, and to me the 32 feels like a lot more room. Togo and Clemence will both deal well with water.

So I'm guessing that you have looked at several more casual styles such as the Evelyn & Jyspiere which
to me reads very casual but might work for what your needs are.
For me the Kelly works especially in the 32. Have you tried one on to get a feel for it?
The Kelly does hold a good amount & it will hold a water bottle.

Reactions: LOA
Thank you all so much for your opinions!!

The Bolide is nice, but looks a bit too "old" for my liking. I just can't pull it off, although I like it on others.
The Evelyn is a little bit too casual for my style. The Jypsiere I also like, but I prefer the option of carrying it handheld.

The Kelly clasp will certainly be an issue, but I'm hoping that leaving the sangles open will help.
I have not been able to try the Kelly 32 on me, maybe my store has a try-on bag in this size.

Thank you again, keep your posts coming and I will certainly inform you about my decision :biggrin:

Reactions: VertV
I feel the same way about the Bolide — like it on others, but on me it always looks old-fashioned.

The Evelyne PM has become my go-to everyday bag, but my “everyday Kelly” is a preloved Barenia 35 retourne. The size and leather gives it a totally casual feel, and Barenia can handle just about anything, including getting drenched in a rainstorm. The 35 size is admittedly larger than I need, so my next K will be a 32, but the larger size also gives it a casual, cool vibe.

A lot of your leather choice will have to do with how pristine you want your bag to look. With Togo or Clemence, you won’t have to go through the ugly duckling phase that happens with Barenia (or Box for that matter). Whether or not you like a patina’d bag is something to consider.

The K closure will always mean it’s more fussy than an open-top bag — even if you just use the turn lock, it’s still more work than a bag you can just reach into. But for me, the shoulder strap always wins out over easy access. I just can’t do handheld-only bags!

Reactions: 880 and LOA
I love Box, but it rarely (if at all) comes in Returné style.
I'm leaning towards a dark grey Togo. Not black (I often wear lighter colours) but neutral enough to go with everything.

The deciding is also only the first step.
Then I need to send my wish to my Hermès-Fairy-Godmother and WAIIIIIIT....

But I want it to be a bag that serves me through a lot and a lot of years to come.
Anyone has a picture of a well used K32 in Togo or Clemence?

I would also like to mention that swift may be a nice leather for you too. I've had it in the rain, and I just wipe it with a cloth when I get home, it's fine. I can attach a photo of mine from 2007. She looks good, no? And I don't find it difficult or cumbersome to get in/out of it.View attachment 4770057
Wow thank you very much! Do you use a bag insert with this Kelly?
I also like Swift a lot and am not afraid of scratches, I think it's quite durable!
I am just worried about the slouch it might get over the years, but yours is still so gorgeous after 13 years!

Hi there! I have a 32 kelly...it's marron fonce fjord which I just love. I'm 5'3" and about a size 0 or 2 and I find this a nice size. Togo will hold shape more then clemence if that is something you are concerned about. Also you can add a canvas shoulder strap to make it even more casual and give you options. I always thought a kelly would be too formal for me but I find this one to be a great everyday bag.

IMG_3331 (2).jpg

IMG_3335.jpg

How about a Halzan? It's an extremely versatile bag and the strap and outer pockets make it a great bag for travel and shopping.

Also, keep in mind that adding a twisted/tied twilly to the Jypsiere gives you the option of grabbing/carrying it by hand.

Hi there! I have a 32 kelly...it's marron fonce fjord which I just love. I'm 5'3" and about a size 0 or 2 and I find this a nice size. Togo will hold shape more then clemence if that is something you are concerned about. Also you can add a canvas shoulder strap to make it even more casual and give you options. I always thought a kelly would be too formal for me but I find this one to be a great everyday bag.

View attachment 4770090

View attachment 4770091
Lovely pictures and very helpful! Thank you so much. That's how I imagined it. The size does not look too big on you at all!
Did you order the canvas strap? How long did that take?

How about a Halzan? It's an extremely versatile bag and the strap and outer pockets make it a great bag for travel and shopping.

Also, keep in mind that adding a twisted/tied twilly to the Jypsiere gives you the option of grabbing/carrying it by hand.
Thank you for the ideas! I personally don't like the Halzan, so it's not for me.
I might have a look at the Jypsiere, but prefer having a permanent handle.