Every time I buy a bag charm, I end up returning it...can't pull the trigger

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I love the LV bag charms. They are so pretty and when I see pictures of them on other people's bags I adore them and want one. I've bought one in the past and ended up returning it. My husband thinks I'm crazy for wanting one and when I think about it logically, I agree. I mean, they aren't real gold or anything. I just bought another one for spring and am thinking about returning it too.:nuts: Anyone else have this problem? I have the money to spend on it but just have a hard time justifying the value. I mean, it's as much as a small leather accessory. But they are so pretty.

2. I feel the same way. For every bag charm I'd rather get a wallet or pochette accessoires nm in any pattern, or eva for a little bit more. I mean, I'd rather get a speedy than, say, 2 or 3 bag charms, any day! They're cute, but not THAT cute, KWIM? It's not that I can't afford it, but I just can't justify the price.

3. I agree!!! I am also afraid of it falling off my purse and I will not notice it until its too late. There is something about $400 sitting on the floor. I could be crazy tho!!

4. I've owned one and sold it. I absolutely loved it but did not want it wearing the color off of the hardware of the bag. There's been several discussions on this topic. So as much as I love them too (soooo cute) I don't want them ruining my bags! 😔

5. Ah, good point about rubbing on the hardware. Didn't even think about that. Leaning toward returning it again.

6. +1

7. I agree, love looking at the charms, but can't justify the price. No harm in other people using them- they're gorgeous. I'd be nervous they'd tarnish over time or even fall off the bag.

8. I think they're very beautiful but personally I can't justify spending that much on a bag charm. I'd rather buy jewelry I can wear on my body.

9. Have you considered preloved? I've seen some in excellent condition go for about 50% or more off retail. That might be a more manageable pill to swallow.

But I definitely agree that they are quite pricey for what they're from (plastic/metal).

10. I love them, but only buy preloved. Sorry, but cheap metals are not worth what the boutiques try to sell them for.

11. I totally get it. Last year, when I started buying LV, the charms were the one accessory that I swore I would never buy. Too much money! I was just beginning to buy bags and wanted wallets and pochettes more than I wanted bag charms.

Fast-forward to this year....lol! I did break down, but I bought a charm that I could use on pretty much any bag, because it is gold and so I don't need to coordinate it with certain colors. It is the Maison charm, and it is very classy and understated compared to many of the charms.

So, that's how I ended up with a bag charm. I don't see myself buying another. The clicking and rattling of more elaborate charms would likely drive me nuts anyway.;)

12. I pretty much agree with everything said her. BUT the new Posy charm in amethyste changed my mind. And the fact that it's hotstampable is a plus AND it's under $400. So I think this will be my first and only charm. :tup:

13. I still can't bring myself to buy one full priced at the boutique yet. I always find something else, like a wallet, that I would rather get.

14. I think LV bag charms are so pretty and add something special to a bag, but I have the same problem. Once I get into the boutique I always start looking at other things I could spend the money on. So I show the charms I really like to my husband while we are there and sometimes they show up later as a gift. Win/win. : )

15. I honestly cant seem to get into them...I think they take a way from the bag, but I do enjoy their luggage tags and I have a few :smile: