Every other women are wearing birkins in south of France, but...

tulip618

MPH=Miu Prada Hermes
O.G.
Jul 27, 2007
Los Angeles area
When I recently visited the Hermes stores in Cannes, Nice and Monaco, the SAs told me there are no birkins and kellys available at all !!? And they have closed the special order/ waiting list since the list is too long. I was so disappointed and felt rejected! What is going on?? Is secondhand bags my only options now?!

bluewin

Mar 25, 2007
Cannes, Nice and Monaco are very popular tourists destinations; it is like going to Paris, you have to be there at the right time to get what you want. If you visit during holiday seasons, it might be even more difficult.
Good luck :smile:

FrenchSandra

Nov 23, 2008
FRANCE
If you are in the south of France, try Marseilles and Aix-en-Provence (especially Marseilles).
Cannes, Monaco and Nice are towns where many rich people spend their holidays and it's very difficult to get a birkin if you are unknown at the Boutique.

Marseilles (the town where I live) has a beautiful store and not so many tourists or rich people ;);)

Good Luck...

geminisparklers

Bougainvilla garden!
Jun 20, 2007
When I was at H Cannes last Nov/Dec, I was offered 2 birkins. But I must say the SA is truly a very nice gentleman.:smile:

DeCrillon

The machan
Feb 12, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I dito everything that is being said. Don't waste your time in any of these 3 stores. There are a lot of Hermes stores in France with nicer SA, less crowd from the many Festivals, and Cruise ship Tourists. The Riviera is a very particular area and not a reflection of "France" - if I may. So, you need to be either very lucky or extremely rich to get anything other than a pair of shoes and a belt. Ohhh and I don't think every other women in South of France is wearing a Birkin. Those must have been Tourists. :flowers::flowers: