Evercolor Leather

Isn't it funny how one pictures things when not directly looking at them?

I made the most of the fading 'magic hour' to take a couple of quick snaps of my bag outside, and in doing so clearly noted the 'grain' of Evergrain!

This also shows some of the scratches and marks that have built up since I've had the bag. On this particular style, scratches have never really rubbed out to any great extent, but it all adds character to the leather and you don't notice them from a little way away!

To illustrate the ease of creating some of these scratches, whilst holding the Cityhall plus an H shopping bag in the same hand, the top edge and corner of the H bag were rubbing into and dinging against the Cityhall, for only a couple minutes. So small word of caution to those that like to baby their bags!

IMG_0209.jpg
IMG_0213.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg

Reactions: Kitty S.
Isn't it funny how one pictures things when not directly looking at them?

I made the most of the fading 'magic hour' to take a couple of quick snaps of my bag outside, and in doing so clearly noted the 'grain' of Evergrain!

This also shows some of the scratches and marks that have built up since I've had the bag. On this particular style, scratches have never really rubbed out to any great extent, but it all adds character to the leather and you don't notice them from a little way away!

To illustrate the ease of creating some of these scratches, whilst holding the Cityhall plus an H shopping bag in the same hand, the top edge and corner of the H bag were rubbing into and dinging against the Cityhall, for only a couple minutes. So small word of caution to those that like to baby their bags!

View attachment 4063913
View attachment 4063914
View attachment 4063915
Thank you for the photos and warning about bag scratches.

Love evercolor my dear. Ive been travelling in asia for over a month (hong kong, korea, some islands) and carrying my k28 hydra in evercolor...its with me almost daily...in hot, humid sometimes torrential rain and im out all day with it in and out of cabs, carrying shopping bags, coffee, its seriously taking a beating. Still looks brand new (its about a year old).View attachment 3752779
I have also had some opportunities to handle bags in this leather and I must say it's a great leather! My summary of this leather would be:
  • expensive (on par with swift/box)
  • light weight
  • fine and flat grained
  • scratch and water resistant
  • less slouchy than swift, maybe on par with togo
  • takes colour beautifully
Based on ehy12 and xiangxliang0731 review of evercolor, I placed a SO for a K32. I'm very hard on my bags and loved the idea that scratches were easy to remove and I wanted a light weight bag, but now I'm concerned that new posts are saying the bag is easily scratched.

Hi all, does anyone know when Hermès introduced the evercolor leather? I was looking at a vintage seller (Z stamp so it's from 1996) and the reseller said the leather was evercolor. Does anyone know which year this leather was launched? Thanks!

Previously it was call ever calf very very similar to today ever colour
I believe they still have evercalf and that it is a unique leather type, not a rename. I was just shown a wallet in evercalf a few weeks ago. It was similar but did have a distinctly different grain and sheen. (At first the SA said it was Evercolor so I held it against the Evercolor Constance I was wearing and we both noted how different it was so she checked the side of the box to see it was actually evercalf.)

Reactions: ATHT and lulilu
Hi
I am thinking of buying a K32 in blue hydra, evercolor and phw. However , I am
worried that the bag will slouch overtime given the size of the bag? Can anyone share her experience? Also, do you think phw will go well with blue hydra? I prefer ghw. Thanks

Got offered my 1st kelly 32 in Evercolor in Burgundy. There are mixed reviews on evercolor. I know it's soft leather, afraid of scratch resistant and doesn't hold its shape later. Take it or Leave it? Thank you!

5E506C5D-C927-40C1-BA94-62459AB598D7.jpeg
Got offered my 1st kelly 32 in Evercolor in Burgundy. There are mixed reviews on evercolor. I know it's soft leather, afraid of scratch resistant and doesn't hold its shape later. Take it or Leave it? Thank you!
Take it! I bought a 2-year old evercolor k32 recently . Love the leather . It is scratch resistant and holds its shape so far. I have a feeling it will hold its shape better than Togo, Clemence and Swift. Its colour is rich and vibrant. Love it !

I believe they still have evercalf and that it is a unique leather type, not a rename. I was just shown a wallet in evercalf a few weeks ago. It was similar but did have a distinctly different grain and sheen. (At first the SA said it was Evercolor so I held it against the Evercolor Constance I was wearing and we both noted how different it was so she checked the side of the box to see it was actually evercalf.)
I agree with this. I have an Evercalf kelly 2008 and two mini roulises in Evercolor. They are definitely different. The evercalf is similar to swift but slightly grainier and Evercolor is more matte and slightly more textured. I love them both as they are light yet easy to use and hold up well. HTH

Reactions: cavalla and ATHT