Ever wonder why the STUNNING color of your Bbag is SOOO DARN HARD to photograph???

This is true-to-life color:

IMG_4619.jpg

I think this is because red absorbs blue and green and the sunlight will naturally and direct sunlight is usually around 5600K while shaded areas outdoors during daylight can have higher color temperatures, up to 10,000K, making them appear more blue. :blink:

so this has something to do with why Deco's two eggplants look so different :yes:

I think I had it wrong: I think cyan fades faster, then yellow, then red.

But when the cyan fades the bags look more green, less red-blue.

er something :shame:

THis is a very interesting thread. I have a Sony cyber shot and its extremely difficult to capture the exact colours of bbags - especially reds. I have to take a zillion shots in diff rooms, lighting, indoor, outdoor etc to find the best representation.

just cause there are a lot of Violet (drool much!!) pics out there and they are a great illustration of how and why BBags are sooooo darn hard to photograph!!

We know that if you mix equal amounts of red, green and blue light, you get white light. Color photography, film, and printing, as well as Photoshop, are based upon R + G + B = W.

However, there is no such thing as white light.

Cyan Absorbs Red (<---- Cyan also FADES fastest!!!!)

Yellow Absorbs Blue

Magenta Absorbs Green

Red Absorbs Blue and Green

Green Absorbs Red and Blue

Blue Absorbs Red and Green

If you walk into an office lit with fluorescent tubes, you will find yourself in a world filled with green light. Your eyes may not see it, but your camera will.

Outdoor light has a blue tint.

Your living room probably has incandescent lights that has a yellow to orange cast.

Most video cameras see 3,200 degrees Kelvin light as standard light under which white is white. If you white balance your camera under 3,200 degrees Kelvin, most everything will appear the correct color!!

My greatest color success has been inside on a semi-cloudy day with indirect light.

Check out this pic of Rouille and Grenat in late-afternoon California sunlight:

IMG_4661.jpg

The Rouille looks NOTHING like that IRL. This looks like an orange-saftey vest, LOL!!

LOL - totally OT, but we have those SAME dining chairs! :okay:

LOVE your b-bags!

There are a few ways to fix color cast issues, either in camera or out. Digital cameras have a white balance setting, which should be changed to suit your location's lighting (incandescent bulbs, flourescent bulbs, daylight, overcast). Your computer's photo editor may have some basic tools. I work and teach using Photoshop, and there are a lot of different tools and techniques for this: it's an issue even for the pros! For most pictures, I start with the Levels dialog and use to eyedropper tools to set the black/grey/white points.

Once again I was stunned by seeing a BBag for the first time IRL:

I just got an 05 Teal Work and the color is UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS.

I have seen so many pics making poor Ms 05 Teal look grey or washed out :sad: so my challenge tomorrow if the Sun cooperates is to get a true-to-life pic of my new love :love: