Ever went to a store with a bag in mind and walking out with another?

iamleiya

O.G.
Mar 20, 2012
I always go into a store with a style in mind (researched and everything) but I always end up walking out with another.

More specifically, I always seem to do that with Louis Vuitton. All. The. Time.

Have you ever experienced this? If so, what bag and brand?

Related to the OP question, I thought about starting a thread on bags you liked on-line but hated in person and vice versa. I was big on MCM's popular tote when I'd see pics on-line but went to saks and saw it in person. The leather was beautiful but the bag itself was clunky IMO. Flap flap zipper zipper to get into it. Fell right out of love. Then I saw the coach dinky with the chain strap (which looks pretty plain on-line) and fell right in love with that.

Reactions: remainsilly
When I went to buy my first LV at the boutique in Saks I was so sure I wanted then bucket bag with the pochette. The SA took one out and I immediately fell out of love. I still admire the bag on other people it's just not for me. I eventually ended up with the MM mono neverfull.

Reactions: remainsilly
There are more times than I can remember that I have walked out without buying the bag or anything. Reading reviews of other buyers is good but sometimes their taste and criteria do not match with mine when I'm physically holding it. There are lots of bags that look beautiful but wouldn't want to own because of one reason or another.

Last edited:
My experience is close to the main question: I went in to LV a few summers ago to try the Voltaire and the Tuileries, both in monogram. Thought I'd like the Voltaire more from the online pics, but ended up loving the Tuileries more in person. Took her home right then. Thanks for letting me share!