Ever tried to sneak a purchase past SO?

I didn't use to but now I have started to hide some things. Not so much hide as keep for a while without him noticing. Then when he sees it he doesn't know when I bought it! Mostly though I get so excited that I have to tell him.

I don't, but DH rarely notices. Once while sitting in a car he was absentmindedly kicking my purse and I said, "You shouldn't be kicking a $600 purse!" His eyes went buggy and he said, "HOW MUCH did you say that was??" And I said, "Don't worry, it was on sale!" He just shook his head...but since it's my money, there's not much else he could say (especially since I don't say much when he buys a new gadget for himself).

When I used to work in retail, I remember one lady who would buy a bunch of clothing, then ask me to put it in a dry cleaning bag she'd give me. Apparently to sneak around her husband, she would just bring back all her new purchases in this dry cleaning bag, so her hubby would just think it's old stuff she's bringing home!

When I used to work in retail, I remember one lady who would buy a bunch of clothing, then ask me to put it in a dry cleaning bag she'd give me. Apparently to sneak around her husband, she would just bring back all her new purchases in this dry cleaning bag, so her hubby would just think it's old stuff she's bringing home!

Haha that's a good one!

I don't sneak them. I tell him my mom or my sister got the article for me or gave me some money to get it (we actually do this for each other):yes:. My sister does sneak and use the mom or sissy gave me $$ for it. Her hubby's head's in the clouds. She's even told him some of her true blue Tiffany's are fakes!!!! And he buys it!!! :nuts:

Oh I hide things all the time!

If I put something on which is new the conversation normally goes like this:-

Hubby - "is that something new again?"
Me - "No, I've had this ages"
Hubby - "I haven't seen it before"
Me - "Well, it shows you don't pay much attention to me then doesn't it if you haven't seen this before - I've worn it out a couple of times"

He then feels guilty that maybe he doesn't pay much attention and I get treated like a Queen all night.

The thing is - he knows this really, he's just playing the game. He can always tell when something is new! He doesn't mind too much - all big purchases (like expensive bags) are talked about first I don't hide them - mainly because its his money really, he is the one that works, I look after the children and the house so I feel guilty if I spend too much.

i find this one difficult - I do hide sometimes but I dont like it. at the same time DH is one to have a huge discussion about stuff and it so takes the fun away. he is perfect in every aspect but he doesn't understand the shopping habit, or at least not about a lot of things I bought. he does like to shop but usually doesn't like what I bought. i earn money but I don't see it as being separate funds. anyway in 10 days I am moving to the middle of nowhere, with no shops and difficult ebay access so I reckon it is perfeclty fine to shop some in advance!

I try to time my orders so that deliveries arrive during the week while SO is at the office. Recently, I ordered some shoes from Saks on a Friday thinking they would get here the following week. The next day, SO opened the front door to go for a run. Three seconds later he came back in with a package. I happened to be on tPF at the time (perfect timing right?).
He didn't say a word, just put the package on the bed and went back out. :P
OMG - thats me! I would keep checking tracking on ups so I would know when it was coming. It would make me so made when he'd get the package. Another time I just had it shipped to my moms

Nope, I never have to, he doesn't care what I buy and likes it when I come home glowing from my purchases. I tend to inflict guilt on myself sometimes when I realize how much I've spent in one shopping spree, I'm still working on not feeling guilty.

Oh I hide things all the time!

If I put something on which is new the conversation normally goes like this:-

Hubby - "is that something new again?"
Me - "No, I've had this ages"
Hubby - "I haven't seen it before"
Me - "Well, it shows you don't pay much attention to me then doesn't it if you haven't seen this before - I've worn it out a couple of times"

He then feels guilty that maybe he doesn't pay much attention and I get treated like a Queen all night.
quote]

:roflmfao:

Not big things...small things like clothes & shoes definetly.
This is mostly because I have to travel to Chicago (90 miles) to buy my bags...and he obviously knows why I'm heading to Chicago!

In my case it would be hiding it from my parents, I dont live with them but they do pay for the majority of my things. I hide small things when I visit them, like my expensive makeup. For them its not really the price tag itself they dont like, but the price tag for what it is. Like $35 for lipgloss is ridiclous, they dont care that i spent $35 but they care that I spend $35 ON LIPGLOSS. So I usually hide or lie about the prices for them. I bought a makeup bag from Prada, and it was like $130 ish, and I toned it down and told them it was $50..which they still thought was alot but if it passed the 100 mark I would have caught hell about my spending habits, it was bought on a shopping trip where I was given a set amount for anything I wanted so they would have lectured me on spending alot of my money on something like that.
But they know about the bigger things. My mom and I usually "tone down" the prices on things for my dad though. He knows that anything I buy is usually heart-attack inducing expensive but he never knows just how bad it is. Right now Im waiting on the amarante inclusion bracelet to come back on elux and I have permission from my mom to buy it, but I asked the other day if its on and I see it, can I buy it with "my" credit card and she said "no because your father sees the bill for that one, he wont care if you buy it but if he sees a bill for something from LV now, hes not going to let you buy that bag in 2 weeks" Now im wondering how much of HER purchases she hides from him!