Ever put Honey on your acne?

how long do you leave it on for?
i leave it on as long as I can, from 10 mins (as fallen angel said) to 30+. Its not drippy, more of a gritty paste. its very soothing and no irritation!
Since I first posted, Ive used it every morning (as my skin is SO dry from the other medicine that I mentioned, I have to get the flakies off every morning) - and I cant believe how much my skin has improved. Even my esthecian noticed the difference!!

WOOOOO HOOOO YES TOTALLY!

About two years ago I was at university and my skin was just dreadful.

People took the pee out of me and commented/teased and tormented me for it - which only made it worse of course.

Then one night I was so down and upset and thought I'd never have clear skin again - I don't know why I did it, but I thought I'd make a homemade face mask.

The only thing I thought to use was honey and to rip open a green tea bag and mix the honey with the leaves.

I popped it in the microwave for about 10 seconds till it was just almost too warm for my face and spread it on my face. I then got the hairdryer and turned it on a gentle heat and let the air blow over my face for about 5 minutes.

I washed it off and my skin looked (unbelievably) lovely already.

By the morning - It was glowing and my pimples were reduced!

I've used it ever since and now I get compliments as to how gorgeous my skin is!!!!

haha! this is an exciting thread to read :smile: and beastofthefields's comment seems too good to be true! i'm going to find time and try it out sometime... but like everyone else, i'm scared cuz honey seems so sticky! :sad:

Additionally, here's a link with a list of fruits and how each is beneficial to skin!! (it's used as a reference to make all-natural face masks!)
http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/main/2007/06/get-gorgous-sum.html

hope it helps! =)

i have got to try this TONIGHT! my face hurts right now, i have 3 huge pimples that were a result of my Mary Kay experiment... I haven't left the house in days! somethings gotta give here!

fingers crossed this works!

If the honey mask doesn't work for your acne, here's a recipe my mom suggested:

1-2 large spoonful(s) of raw honey
a little lemon juice
a small piece of peeled ginger

Add everything in a cup of hot water and mix, wait for it to cool a bit and drink. I make it every morning as a pick-me-up since I bought the raw honey, mostly because I like the taste more than anything. I've also been substituting raw ginger with a dash of ginger powder, makes it easier.

well, experiment failed... woke up this am after doing the honey thing and my face still is horrid it just hurts SO bad still...

3 freakin pimples but they won't stop getting bigger!what the heck is wrong with me!?

well, experiment failed... woke up this am after doing the honey thing and my face still is horrid it just hurts SO bad still...

3 freakin pimples but they won't stop getting bigger!what the heck is wrong with me!?

spots can take weeks to appear (even though sometimes it seems like overnight) so it does make sense that it would take more than one night for them to disappear.

Honey is a natural antiseptic so it justs keeps the area you put it on from breeding more bacteria but it won't actually get rid of a spot.

Just use gentle products on them and hopefully they'll go down in a day or two.

;)

Oooooh, you didn't try it with the tea leaves as well did you? I would suggest only adding the tea leaves to the honey if you have (gross, i know, but I have to say it) spots with puss/heads on them or you have red/scarring from spots - as it works as a gentle, natural exfoliant.

It really really does work for me and I swear by it. If ever I get a bad skin day, for whatever reason - the honey pot comes out and the next day, my skin is glowing, within 2 days - spots are almost gone.

It's not a mirracle, and maybe some people's skin may react differently to it, but mine seems to soak in all the honey. My pores even tighten up - which is GREAT!!!

You could just be a little too stressed out and then stressing even further about your skin can make it worse - I think stress causes more oil - something to do with the sebaceuos glands - but I'm not a dermatologist, so I don't know! Hope you're skin gets better soon! :yes: