ever pull a listing?

I have done so when I found out I would be leaving town and wouldn't be able to be around for shipping...so I would add to the listing I am sorry but I will be ending this auction as I will have to be away.Sorry everyone. Then after I have posted it on the listing...I end the auction about an hour or so later.

Only when I made a complete mistake in a listing and an eBay member was kind enough to point it out. It would have resulted in a much lower finishing value if I hadn't pulled it.

I would never pull a listing if someone was hassling me to end it early.

I do it from time to time. I sell on Bonanzle and on eBay. While I rarely make any sales on Bonanzle, the few times that I have, I pulled my eBay listing.
Also, I had a bag that was listed as NWT. Even though there was still factory protective coverings on the hardware, I realized there was no tag. There were bids on the item, so I couldn't edit it....so I pulled it.

It's your item. You can end your listings any time you choose to do so and for what ever reason you want to. Just be sure to do it with more than 13 hours to go on the auction or eBay will prevent you from ending the listing.

I e-mail any bidders and tell them I must pull the auction, and apologize for it. If there are no bidders, you can amend the description to say "sorry, this item broke" or whatever, in case watchers click back to it to bid -- at least there's an explanation for the cancellation.