Ever placed an order on bonanzle and then it disappeared?

PyAri

ThisKatEats
O.G.
Jan 27, 2007
I purchases the an item last night on Bonanzle.

When I got to the last page and clicked place order, it said congratulations wait for invoice from seller.

When I woke up this morning, the seller emailed me and said this item is already sold. I don't understand how this is possible.

What does this mean? Did the seller deny my offer after I already bought the item at their asking price? If so, why is there no option for me to leave feedback?

I've emailed Bonanzle about this, just wanted to discuss with you all in the meantime and see if this has happened to anyone else.

Thank you =)

She could have sold it on ebay or someone else may have made an offer or bought it.

All my items are set for me to approve before buying. Mainly to make sure I didn't screw up.

We have the same items selling on multiple sites so that's why we set it up to first approve or disapprove the order, to make sure we have the item available before the person pays for it. They can only check out once we approve the order. You can't leave feedback because you didn't actually purchase the item, you made an offer that was not accepted so the transaction was not completed.

We have the same items selling on multiple sites so that's why we set it up to first approve or disapprove the order, to make sure we have the item available before the person pays for it. They can only check out once we approve the order. You can't leave feedback because you didn't actually purchase the item, you made an offer that was not accepted so the transaction was not completed.

Me too, after someone bought an item on both eBay and Bonz. I had to look at the sale times and sent it to the one who bought first. My choice would have been Bonz because of lower fees, but the e* buyer got it first by about 45 seconds.

Then went back to Bonz to set it for asking for approval. Now eB says you can't sell on more than one site. Yea, that'll work!

It's a very disappointing, isn't it? Certainly it's sellers' responsibility to update multiple sites listings. I highly doubt the same item on the other site sold at the same day. My guess is since Bonanzle's activity is much slower than eBay, the seller just hadn't updated her inventory in timely manner. On eBay, buyers can leave feedback for non-performing sellers. I don't see why not on Bonalzle, since you purchased at BIN.

Me too, after someone bought an item on both eBay and Bonz. I had to look at the sale times and sent it to the one who bought first. My choice would have been Bonz because of lower fees, but the e* buyer got it first by about 45 seconds.

Then went back to Bonz to set it for asking for approval. Now eB says you can't sell on more than one site. Yea, that'll work!

I see.... I didn't think it's possible.

It's just scary to think angry eBay buyer report to them.
That could be an another headache......

Oh okay..I think it may have been listed on craigslist or ebay and they got more from an ebay auction or a craigslist haggling and sold there. Still, the seller should have taken it down or put it on hold, which you can do on bonanzle, while dealing with other people.

One reason I like to pre-approve is that I allow Canadian bidders. I want to make sure they fully understand the customs situation before I even start. I just had one that wanted a bag marked as a gift. Kept making offers and then changed her ID after I blocked her. Tried to buy with the new ID.

I like the "approval" option because buyers with zero feedback make me a bit nervous and I like the option of selling the item to a person I feel comfortable selling to.

I don't have items listed on multiple sites, just Bonanzle, but I have my settings so that I have to approve every purchase, even one for the full asking price. I had one offer come in right around the same time that another person tried to make an offer on it yesterday, and approved the first one just before the second one came in. I saw an email that said I had another offer, but when I clicked the link to go to the offer it wasn't there, presumably because I had already approved the first one.

So, it's probably due to the way Bonanzle works - if multiple offers come in at the same time on an item, whichever one gets approved first will get the item.