Books & Music Ever Listen to Arabic Music?

I think what Timbaland did was cool, too.

He took beats from what were already great songs and made even more great songs out of them.

I just added More Than A Woman to my iPod.

I love Arabic and Turkish music.
As a Greek, I feel closer to the Turkish music of course. I like Bülent Ersoy & Ebru Gündeş. Plus I love classical Turkish music.

Now about Arabic music, I have a few old Zanzibar Taarab (طرب) cds that I really love to listen too.
And of course Fairuz is fantastic. If a person doesn't like Fairuz, probably doesn't have a heart.

Oops! I completely missed the Umm Kulthum post on the first page, sorry about that, I think it is the youtube links, my browser seems to have some issues...

Anyway, she is worth a double mention.

prince: one of my fondest memories of being in jordan was listening to nancy(the britney spears over there) I bought that cd when I was there because I heard it every other minute!

This isn't traditional Greek music per se but we do have a popular form of modern music that uses Middle Eastern or Arabic influences and is very popular type of music. Also from what I know some of our songs end up covered or sampled by other artists in different countries and they often come out with their own version of the song. The first song has elements of traditional Greek music mixed in with some Arabic influences.

Elli Kokkinou - Erota mou

Last edited: