Ever iron a plisse?

GF, pm me if you'd like.
i can email you pictures of my plisse flat, and knotted.
id love to post them here for all mahhh "ladies of this evenin'" but i do not know how. believe me, i do not....know....how.
Im still using my floopy..oops..my floppy disk camera -
i hear floppys are practically extinct...
that is how i feel this evening- extinct...so....very....o...l...d....
well, gotta go put my hair in curlers, put on my duster with the snap closures and my scuffs, and maybe some Ponds cold cream on my face.
Ahhh better hurry up and save and get my birkin before i am too old to carry it.
nite all
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: z
man,
i do hope t get
i do know how to email them tho. duh
If i did not have hot flashes, i may not have ironed it,
it was just too hot around my neck.
It was just "oar-ful"!

but i use it as a belt too in my asprey croc things- dont knwo what they are called.
i can send a pic tomoro of that too.

NOOOO, don't do it! Those pleats are so 'established' that I dare say that the scarf will look sad if you try to iron them out. If you really want it flat, take it into H and let them take care of it for you.

I agree with Rose. The high heat used in the pleating process really sets the pleats and neither steaming nor ironing flat nor dry-cleaning remove 100% of the creases. That has been my experience; however, I would LOVE to see archangel's evidence to the contrary. And watch out for this on eBay--I have had to return 2 scarves I bought off of eBay that were represented as being in perfect condition--and they were EXCEPT they had previously been plissed and then ironed flat and it was very obvious that such was the case.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!

You absolutley can not do that! It will look terrible and then you will never be able to reverse the damage. GF were you trying on "STUPID" hats at the convention? You have me very worried!!! Next time this comes over you, take two aspirin and go to bed!

ROSE Oh I l-o-v-e Dr Troy!!!

GF As for your plisse, oh dear... can't you send it back to the boutique and see what they can do? $400 is still substantial in my book. Heck, so is $20... well you get the picture.

OMG Grands Fonds, don't ever that to your plisse please!

I asked my very experienced SA if I could flatten out my plisse or get Paris to do it for me. And the answer is "no, Paris will never do that for you, and if you do it yourself by trying to steam or iron it flat, there will still be lines/folds on the scarf that will never come out."

The scarf may also be stretched unevenly in the process. So it's just not worth it to experiment. You may very well end up having to re-plisse it. Hope this helps.

So glad to know all this, because my SA told me that if I dry clean my plisse, it will come back as simply a flat scarf. But it sounds like it's not as simple as that.

Ahhh, now see, this is interesting - a Scarf Forum that I frequent reckons you CAN iron a plisse flat.....I'm waiting on more info before I start experimenting!

They said first you wash it, THEN iron it....we'll see.......