Ever had to call a plumber?

Jan 25, 2006
Over the weekend I had to call a plumber cause the toilet in my upstairs bathroom was stopped up. Well the plumber came and what does he pull outta there???

A bird!!! :wtf: yes a big ole bird was down in my toilet!!!!!
At first when he called me in he's like "what does that look like to you?"
and all I saw was hair so I thought it was a doll or something but when I got a little closer and looked I was like "ew it looks like an animal" and then he said "Its a gotdarn bird, I ain't never seen nothin like this before"
It was so creepy and I just couldn't understand how it got in there. I talked to my dad and after he laughed for 5 minutes he told me it probably fell in back last year when the roof was off and some idiot tried to flush it.

I'm bored thanks for reading about my experience, I hope I dont ever have to call a plumber again :rolleyes:

OMG! That's crazy!!!! :wtf:

I had to call a plumber once. I don't know how much detail I should discuss, because I know a lot of people are squeamish about the "bathroom humor" here. But, here goes...

The 1/2 bath was being redone at the time and the sink and toilet were both ripped out completely. Apparently the sewer line for the street got backed up and all the sewage came out of the sink hole in the wall, in liquid form. Gushing out. I was screaming and crying, calling my parents like "Wtf do I do?!?!" It was HORRIFIC. It caused so much damage too! :crybaby:

Oh yeah...in early March I had a big leak in my townhouse...my kitchen is above my garage and it was like a downpour of water coming out of the sheetrock in my garage ceiling. BF had just attempted to replace a kitchen faucet so we thought that could have triggered something else, but ironically the area in the garage under the sink was bone dry! Wasn't the fridge, the dw, what was it? And of course it was 9:30 at night and I would have been doubly screwed if I had needed to get a 24 hr plumber service at jacked up rates.

Anyway, BF knew I could wait til morning, so we just shut off all water to the house until then. $800 later, problem solved, and thankfully no damage as my garage is unfinished.

OMG! That's crazy!!!! :wtf:

I had to call a plumber once. I don't know how much detail I should discuss, because I know a lot of people are squeamish about the "bathroom humor" here. But, here goes...

The 1/2 bath was being redone at the time and the sink and toilet were both ripped out completely. Apparently the sewer line for the street got backed up and all the sewage came out of the sink hole in the wall, in liquid form. Gushing out. I was screaming and crying, calling my parents like "Wtf do I do?!?!" It was HORRIFIC. It caused so much damage too! :crybaby:

OMG!!!! I have nothing to complain about that is gross and awful :wtf:

Oh yeah...in early March I had a big leak in my townhouse...my kitchen is above my garage and it was like a downpour of water coming out of the sheetrock in my garage ceiling. BF had just attempted to replace a kitchen faucet so we thought that could have triggered something else, but ironically the area in the garage under the sink was bone dry! Wasn't the fridge, the dw, what was it? And of course it was 9:30 at night and I would have been doubly screwed if I had needed to get a 24 hr plumber service at jacked up rates.

Anyway, BF knew I could wait til morning, so we just shut off all water to the house until then. $800 later, problem solved, and thankfully no damage as my garage is unfinished.

Whew! thanking God for small problems over here!!!

ohh...i need to call one now. One of my bathroom sinks is really slow to drain.. I tried the drano first but no help...i have been putting it off. I guess I'll call tomorrow.

oh my, that's kind of funny (since it didn't happen to me!)

glad he got the old birdie out of your pipes...hopefully everything is OK!

birds in the toilet! never heard of that :wtf:

Whenever I have to call a repairman, I wonder why they don't look like the ones on late night Cinemax. Ha!

Seriously though, the bird thing would creep me OUT. I wouldn't be able to sit on the toilet again for days! Birds in general give me the heebie jeebies (never tried to write that before - sp???).