Ever had a purse damaged in transit?

Aug 16, 2006
Has anyone received a bag which was damaged/crushed/smushed in transit so that it looks different to the auction photos despite being the same bag? Did you do anything about it e.g. contact the seller?

I have not one but TWO purses being shipped to me and I'm SO ANXIOUS that it wasn't packed properly, got mishandled by customs, etc. etc. I'm a wreck! :hysteric:

According my experience as a seller and buyer, when item arrive in country of receiver, local custom department will inspect the item. That's the time when item being open by custom and they usually don't re-package item properly. Just "throw" it into the box.

As a seller, I have some buyers complain about the packaging. They think that the bad packaging is from me while it's due to custom inspection and the box may damage during transit.

I've received a bag damaged during transit, simply because the seller didn't pack it in a box but just wrapped it with paper!! :wtf: I was really upset, not because of the money but because it was a rare vintage gucci that was originally in mint condition! the poor bag!

do you have insurance on the bags?

i had a pair of shoes sent to me (from ebay) in one of those plastic shipping bags!! horrible, but the shoes came undamages.

just keep your fingers crossed.