Ever had a Coach bag break?

Oct 2, 2006
I'm so disappointed! I've been obsessed with Coach bags for about 4 years now and they've always been great quality-wise. I usually buy my bags from the retail stores and the first one I ever got (for my birthday actually :smile: ) is almost 4 years old and it looks brand new! I made my first outlet purchase this summer in July and it was a large pink soho bag. Last month while shopping the seams just kind of burst and part of the handle came out because the stitching fell apart. I could not believe it!! I had the bag for slightly less than 2 months and it just broke so easily. I don't understand why because I didn't even have much in it other than my wallet and cell phone so it wasn't like it was very heavy and couldn't handle what was inside.

I wanted to return it or at least see what the people at the outlet would say but unfortunately I bought it in NY and now I am out in Hawaii for college and won't be back home until December. This is terrible, I loved that bag too!

Has anyone ever had a problem like this with a Coach bag?

You can call Coach & send it in for repair. If they can't repair it & the bag is still available they will just give you a new one, if not they will send a 40% or 60% coupon off your next bag (I'm not quite sure really what % off you get)If you do send it in for repair just call them first so they know your bag is coming & they will tell you what to do.

Take it to one of the Hawaii stores, I know they are a little different than the normal stores but they should still be able to send it in for repair AND not charge you shipping for that.

I have had my Chelsea Optic start to unravel at the handle and I called coach and I am shipping it to them and they are fixing it for no charge due it just came out in August I have only had mine since september.

My zipper broke on the very first Coach bag I had bought, but I had sold it to a buyer on eBay and gave her my original receipt so she could get it fixed. I had it for a few years and carried it a lot but I'm sure she got it fixed because if she couldn't I know she would of contacted me.

Oh, and here's the link to my ordeal with dealing with Coach, etc:
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/my-bag-broke-40764.html

That's what happened to mine! The part where the leather strap was stitched to the metal ring just kind of busted. Maybe a bunch of them were faulty? I just didn't understand because I really didn't use it too many times and I never weighed it down with lots of things in it or anything.

Well this thread is making me feel better that these things do happen (more often than I thought since I've had such good luck with my older coach bags) but at least there's a way to fix it!