Ever Gone To Drastic Measures To Get That Bag ?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I admit, now, this was a long time ago ladies !!! But I was once a " little" late with my rent because I wanted this Chanel tote bag with a matching purse so badly.

Ive since then, learned my lesson.

How about you ? Have you ever gone to any length or drastic measures to get that bag. (or anything else )

2. No, I personally haven't had to missed rent, or sell a kidney, or anything like that for a bag....although with so many great things out there, I can see someone going to drastic measures to get something.

3. Nope.. Even now I have plenty of money in all my accounts, but I'm chosing to SAVE because I know I'll need it later.. I wish I could be more irresponsible sometimes, but oooh the guilt would get to me..

4. I stalked a bag once. :shame: In Nordstrom I looked at an Isabella Fiore and set it back down. Took two steps and someone else picked it up! I started to freak out and wanted it more than anything. But I had to wait because the woman asked the s/a to hold it for her!!!! And the hold was for 24 hours!

I sped up there the next day (not wanting to wait for the s/a to call me) and the woman still hadn't replyed if she wanted it or not. :amazed: So if she hadn't called by noon, it would be mine and I spent 2 agonizing hours in the mall waiting to run back and grab the bag.

I did get it though so it turned out okay.

5. LOL!!! Which bag was it?

6. no yet! but yeah soon maybe.... (hehehe)

7. That was you!!!! I wondered what happened to my bag when I returned to get it and it had been sold!!!!!!!!!:evil:

Just kidding, I couldn't resist!:biggrin:

8. Whenever you're contemplating buying something - if you pick it up and put it down to think about it - if someone else picks it up - and heaven forbid looks like she's going to actually buy it - YOU GO BERSERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (at least I do).

9. hehe well i live with my parents and dont work.. So i jus beg daddy until he jus buys it for me :biggrin:

10. :lol: I do, too. I get close to becoming like the people you see on the news at Wal-Mart the day after Thanksgiving :lol:

I haven't done anything crazy, besides getting into bidding wars with people on eBay.

11. Hmmm. I'll let you know! Just bought a bag on sale today and now need a wallet to go with it and found out another bag on my list is on sale, but I am flat broke! Hubby will not even buy me anything right now either! Trying to think if I have anything worth selling I could part with!

12. Nope, never. I always make sure I have the money and some extra for just-in-case before buying a purse.

13. I don't think that I've gone through "desperate" measures to purchase that must have bag, but I have been known to go through the house and find items that I can sell!!!

14. I wanted money for a LV so I waited outside a Best Buy for 13 hours in the cold to buy an xbox 360 to resell on eBay. I sold it the next day and made like $300 profit so it was worth it.

My bf was gonna wait outside to get one and I wasn't doing anything that night, so I figured I might as well wait outside with him and make some money! I was the only girl though- with like 50 nerdy teenage boys!

Everytime I drive by that Best Buy I look at the sidewalk and think- EWW I can't believe I slept there!! :amazed: :nuts:

15. Smart Cookie!! I shoulda thought of that. :amuse:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice