Ever email a seller on eBay to tell them that their bag is fake?

1. I couldn't resist, the bag is FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!!!!! Yet the seller has the audacity to state that it is 100% authentic, that she purchased it herself from the LV boutique on 22 blvd, and that she bought it ON SALE for $200 off.

(If you want to take a peak at the auction, just do a search for 100% authentic multicolor black louis vuitton speedy)

I emailed her and asked her if it really is authentic and then pointed out the reasons why it did not appear to be so.

Has anyone else ever emailed a seller to tell them their bag was fake?

2. sometime when I have time, most of the time just report it to eBay..

Some sellers got so mad and told me I don't know what I am talking about, I don't know LV blah..blah..LOL..

3. I don't waste my time.

4. The thing is I believe that modt of the time they do KNOW it is fake unless it was a gift. It is sad but nowadays you just can't trust many people that you do not know to tell you the truth.

5. I hate it when sellers advertise a fake as an authentic and try to sell it for hundreds. I report those to eBay.

6. I do it when I have time and when it really ticks me off...

7. I usually just don't waste my time with it but I think I should start reporting it.

8. i've reported it to eBay, and i've written to the highest bidder to let them know. i feel bad that some ppl don't know what they're bidding on. (esp. when it's getting very expensive.)

9. I just report it..

10. I've done it when people have bidded an extremely high amount and then I report it (I also tell them I'm reporting it)!

11. I have done quite a few myself and never get a response.. To me that is total admission that they know its fake.. So I just hit the report button.. and it feels soooo good....

12. I report the fakes to eBay. On two occassions I have emailed the seller. Both sellers denied their bags were fakes, yet eBay did remove the listings. Makes me sick everytime I see a fake bag on Ebay....knowing honest people are getting screwed over just so these dishonest sellers can make a buck.

13. I was really gentle about the email when I did it. This was when I did not know much about LV and was a consumer thinking that the receipt that she would forward along with it would add to the bag's authenticity.

Something like - -> I'm concerned about the authenticity of the bag, based on the receipt and the old dustcover.

What I wanted: For the seller to suggest I go into LV with the bag and have it authenticated, and then I would happily go on my way.

What I got: a nasty email from her about my economic status in society and I don't know LV, and that I should send her the bag back for a refund.

In the end I believe the bag was Authentic, but who needs a seller like that.
    My question: where the heck did she get a real, new ManhattanGM and produce and wierd receipt and old dustcover? ?

14. I report obvious fakes a lot to Ebay. I´ve e-mailed some sellers who have responded to my want it now-ad with a fake and got really nasty e-mails back. It baffles me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice