Food Ever cooked "En Papillote" or with parchment paper?

Porkchopz

I love me some MJ.
Dec 12, 2006
I am cooking sea scallops and artichoke hearts en papillote as we speak! I've never used parchment paper before and am so excited to see how they come out.

Anyone have experience with this? :P

Good news! The scallops turned out SOOO good- very flavorful and moist. :drool:

I'm planning on using this method next time I have a dinner party. I couldn't believe how easy it was.

I saw an episode of Good Eats where he cooked different dishes with parchment paper. It looked super easy! Of course I never got around to trying it.
Glad your dish turned out stellar!

my favorite is a cooking it with chicken. just lightly marinate the chicken with soy sauce, seasame oil, pepper, salt, paprika. oh my gosh, it's sooooo goood!! i haven't made it in a while though... t

those sea scallops sound good though!!

a friend of mine did thai fish in parchment paper. she eats spicy and i don't. she put a whole bunch of thai herbs (i think it's lemongrass, springonions, garlic, ginger, lots of fresh chilli chopped, a bit of fish sauce).

I cook en papillotte quite often. My favorite is to lay the salmon after seasoning on top of orange slices and sprigs of chervil, parsley and thyme. Drizzle some white wine and a small bit of olive oil. Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes and it's wonderfully fragrant and moist! Try it!

:heart:BL

I cook en papillotte quite often. My favorite is to lay the salmon after seasoning on top of orange slices and sprigs of chervil, parsley and thyme. Drizzle some white wine and a small bit of olive oil. Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes and it's wonderfully fragrant and moist! Try it!

:heart:BL

Oh, that sounds so good! when are you making this again? I want to mark my calendar to remeber to go to your house for dinner that night!

i almost alway cook fish en papillotte. sooo good and easy. i usually just buy fish and then improvise with what i have at home. trout tastes great with onion and orange slices on it, some olive oil, salt, pepper... another favourite is red snapper with garlic and rosemary and olive oil (it's best with a whole snapper, put the rosemary sprigs on top and also inside the fish). most of the time i cook the fish with a bunch of veggies too so it's a really easy, all-in-one dish. just need to make some rice or something easy as a side dish.

i almost alway cook fish en papillotte. sooo good and easy. i usually just buy fish and then improvise with what i have at home. trout tastes great with onion and orange slices on it, some olive oil, salt, pepper... another favourite is red snapper with garlic and rosemary and olive oil (it's best with a whole snapper, put the rosemary sprigs on top and also inside the fish). most of the time i cook the fish with a bunch of veggies too so it's a really easy, all-in-one dish. just need to make some rice or something easy as a side dish.

Rosemary is my favorite all-around herb for potatoes, meats, poultry and fish. It's so savory and flavorful. :drool:

Porkchopz - would you mind the recipe for the scallops? I would love to try it ...

Sure! This from a DIY blog called Pink of Perfection:

Scallops with Artichokes, Tomatoes, and White Beans in Parchment

1 pound sea scallops
1 can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
2 scallions, pale green and white parts chopped
1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
olive oil
parchment paper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a large bowl, gently toss artichoke hearts, tomatoes, scallions, and white beans with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Rise and pat dry your scallops. If they have a hard tab on them, just cut that off.

Cut 8 squares from your parchment paper, about 10-12" long. On four of the parchment squares, mound a bit of the artichoke mixture and top with a few scallops (depending on how large your scallops are they should probably be about 3-4 scallops per person). Place another square of parchment on top and fold the edges up around the package, sealing it as best you can. Place parchment packages on cookie sheets and bake for 15 minutes.

Serves 4