Ever bought a Chanel only to have it go on sale later?

whistlerchic

Oct 28, 2006
Well, no - since I only have one and it's a black caviar flap which I have been SWORN to that will never go on sale.

BUUUT I bought it only a couple months after the price increase and lemme tell ya - that stings just as much.

Boo!

takeoutbox

Dec 21, 2006
hmm, well, i have a med. cambon tote DF bought for me from heathrow, which i later found out had gone on sale at NM last year...and also, i buy alot for the U.S., and right now the CAD is so high, so it's almost like i've lost about 12% on some of my earlier purchases.

Purrrfect

May 1, 2007
Oh, NO.....I would hate that - it happens enough on other stuff in life - but a Chanel bag...would not make me feel too good at all.:sad:

I agree the price increases are just as bad - if you postpone getting a bag you want - only to have it increase! That sucks too.:crybaby:Been there.....

I only have two LV bags - but I see the safe guard - since they don't go on sale...nice when you think about it.;)

lisadoodle

Mar 2, 2007
Well I picked up a Chanel suede camelia evening bag on sale at Neimans and then it went more on sale couple weeks later and I hadn't used it yet. So i returned it and rebought it later that day once they marked it down in the system. I basically stalked the Chanel people until i could buy it again. But i ended up getting a 1000 dollar bag for a little over 400.

Poosdarling

Jinxy
O.G.
Apr 16, 2007
IT happened to me!!! With my one and only Chanel rock n chain bag. It was all Bloomingdales fault, they gave me some bogus info. Three weeks after I got my bag from the Chanel boutique. *TADA* Bloomingdale had it on a 20/20 sale. Could have saved hundreds!

Purrrfect

May 1, 2007
Well I picked up a Chanel suede camelia evening bag on sale at Neimans and then it went more on sale couple weeks later and I hadn't used it yet. So i returned it and rebought it later that day once they marked it down in the system. I basically stalked the Chanel people until i could buy it again. But i ended up getting a 1000 dollar bag for a little over 400.

Good deal.....very smart of you!!!;)

astar

Apr 9, 2007
yeah this is what I'm afraid of when buying chanel. That's why I really give a full thought before purchasing Timeless Clutch lol.
Still vote for LV because it never goes on sale and there's no outlet for it :biggrin: