Ever been bag shamed?

I totally agree... My DH spends his extra cash on sports memorabilia or tickets to playoff games and my friends boyfriends spends it on custom made shirts...to me, I would never spend alot of money on an event or a shirt but that's just me.. I just like handbags.... Believe it or not my mom tells me my first word was "Pocketbook".. LOL

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

yea i hat when ppl ask those questions the first thing they alwyas ask is is it real..hten they move on to the omg how much did it cost O_O...urgh..too mucch :P

I find it appalling that anyone could ask someone how much they spent on a bag. I don't even think my own mother would ask me that! So rude. Those kind of people aren't worth my time of day. I would neverrrr tell someone like that what I paid. :tdown:

Never been ashamed, no reason to be ashamed. I love my bags and feel proud when people admire them. If someone crosses the line and and makes a sarcastic comment about the price, I feel NO need to justify why I paid what I did or anything of the sort. To each his own I reply and leave it at that.

If an aqaintance makes comment about any of my purchases I ask them how much they spend on "extras" for their kids over a six month period. As in "Dad can I have" It soon adds up to more than I purchase in a year!

I've had people comment that they could never justify spending THAT much on a bag. However, I earn my own money, I'm not married and I don't have kids, so it's only me to support. I figure it's my business what I choose to spend my money on.

I made the HUGE mistake of taking my 2 sisters into Barneys and showing them a Balenciaga bag that I was lusting after - they just about fell over when they saw the price. I pointed out to them that there were many bags in the store that were twice the price of the Balenciaga but they just would not get off the subject of how "crazy" I must be to consider spending that much on a handbag.

Needless to say I have two Balenciagas which they will never catch sight of. Note to self - keep expensive hobbies to myself!

I work with an office that is 95% men (engineers) so they wouldn't have a clue if my bag costs $5 or $1500. Peggy