Evening bag: Black Epi Pochette or no name bag?

Chi310

Jan 1, 2009
Hi TPFers,

I'm going to Paris (and definitely visiting LV!) and still need an evening bag for dinners, parties, bars etc. that matches all my outfits. So obviously I've been checking out affordable LV bags for this purpose. The only "affordable" one that serves my purpose is the Black Epi Pochette. But I've been wondering, if maybe I should get a "flashier" no name evening bag instead to save money?
Do you guys think it's worth it getting the Epi Pochette or should I get a much cheaper no name bag that's a bit flashier?

Would love to hear your expert opinions!;)

I also agree with Elliespurse, I would also recommend the Eva clutch, its a very versatile bag that can be dress up and down easily plus it has the cross shoulder straps that gives it two different looks.

The eva is so pretty, it's next on my list. :smile:
I think if the price is an issue and you don't have a great need for it, I would get a less expensive one. I rarely use a evening clutch and have several non names that look great.

black epi pochette would be too plain for me, to be honest. i also suggest eva because it can be dressed up or down and you will get a lot of use from it in many different situations

I considered getting the Eva too, but I feel like you can't wear it with a black dress for example. I need something sleek enough for a cocktail party. Just curious, do you guys think that the Eva Mono or Damier would go better with black outfits?

I really like the Epi Pochette, but feel like it might really be too plain and less noticeable. :girlsigh: I like my bags to dress up my outfits and not sure the Epi will do...?

What about the pouchette Millia MM in black Mc? The gold chain makes it look really fancy! I saw a pic of someone wearing it on tpf, I will see if I can find it for you. I found that it was a lot bigger then i thought it was.