Even the FIRE's couldnt stop the Fedex man

Dear Ms. Sp:

Just read your thread.... My GOSH, you are so close... Is your home PRESERVED?! How about the in-laws?!

I am glad that NO ONE is hurt and material stuff can be replaced but NOT human life!!!

Keep us posted on your well-being!!!

Take care!!!

Simplyprincress wherever you are, I hope you are safe! It is heartbreaking to read about so many people's lives affected by the firestorm, I pray that it ends soon & for everyone affected to have strength & courage for the recovery.....

Here is a quick snap shot of us leaving (cant see much, but let me tell you people were driving crazy!) The little green car in the picture actually almost hit us! When DH saw me taking the picture he specifically said "you better crop my face out of that!" LOL, only becasue he was cursing at the other driver. Imagine 50 some odd cars driving down a private road with only 2 lanes and fire over the horizon. Complete chaos....

Attachments

• 0521070646.jpg
    0521070646.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 97
Simplyprincess:

I'm so happy to hear you and your family are safe and together.

It is truly devastating to hear and see the destruction. We are traveling to LA/San Diego next Friday to visit family and friends and I'm sure it is going to be quite a sad site to see.

During the time we had to settle in our relatives summer home I was able to take a pic of the view from the bedroom. It seemed that the sky was sad as well. The grayish color of the view expressed the feeling within me. Not even the sound of water crashing against the shore helped. Ash was everywhere...the smell was something you couldnt escape.

As dusk fell upon us we saw the sun glow a haughting fire red. Again our eyes turned to the news hoping to hear any information on the fire near our home. MIL was still very upset. In order for her to feel better i had the boys spend as much time around her. She loves hearing the voices of the kids. My oldest tryed so hard to make her laught...joking, telling funny stories, and teasing the dogs (Yoshi apparently does not like water). She still cried when no one was looking.

DH got a call from work asking him to go up to Rancho Bernardo. They need him to have several crews to start shutting off gas meters before the fire reach the homes. I couldnt understand why DH needed to go. But he explained it would be quicker to work on site, calling everyone, coordinating the crews, and working with the fire dept. So he left as soon as he was ready. I heart ached again to see him drive away...

Attachments

• 0623070817.jpg
    0623070817.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 0623070817a.jpg
    0623070817a.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 47