Even Patina?

Munchkyn

I LOVE Penguins
O.G.
Oct 28, 2005
How do you go about getting an even patina on a speedy? When I get mine, I don't want uneveness and I don't know how to go about it if the middle is where it's carried.

Also, those of you who sun your bags, do you just leave it on the windowsill and rotate it for an even patina?

I am curious to know as well. My fear of getting a brand new LV is not being able to get a good even patina. I would be so heartbroken if mine turned out uneven.

You can "tan" it by letting it sit by the window so the sun shines on it. That will give an even tan. Some people do this just for the patina.

Munchkyn said:
How do you go about getting an even patina on a speedy? When I get mine, I don't want uneveness and I don't know how to go about it if the middle is where it's carried.

Also, those of you who sun your bags, do you just leave it on the windowsill and rotate it for an even patina?

I do leave all of mine by a window and rotate them. I make sure I run my hands over the leather. I won't use mine until I can see the patina develope and I place my handles over my shirt sleeve. Neurotic maybe but my speedy is 18 years old!

serendipity3kb said:
I do leave all of mine by a window and rotate them. I make sure I run my hands over the leather. I won't use mine until I can see the patina develope and I place my handles over my shirt sleeve. Neurotic maybe but my speedy is 18 years old!

Just goes to show that a LV will stand the test of time !! :amuse:

Oh my! I never even thought about the handles getting uneven in color. Has this ever happened to anyone? All my bags have the same color patina throughout....I will have to investigate further to see if there are any finger marks in one section!!

I have said this before and I know its weird but I put my new bags in my tanning bed with leather conditioner applied to all the leather.It gives a nice even patina.

Sappho said:
Oh my! I never even thought about the handles getting uneven in color. Has this ever happened to anyone? All my bags have the same color patina throughout....I will have to investigate further to see if there are any finger marks in one section!!
Some people who aren't aware or don't care about even patina just holds the handles like they normally would. So they touch the handles when carrying the bag with all the natural oils on their hands going on it. Doesn't help too if they apply hand cream a lot and then hold the handles. The part where they hold it would be darker. It would be dirtier too cause that's the part where your hands touch the most but even after cleaning, you can see the darker part where your hands would hold the bag.

mgatlin said:
I have said this before and I know its weird but I put my new bags in my tanning bed with leather conditioner applied to all the leather.It gives a nice even patina.
I can't help picturing your bags with those little eye goggles on!
: )

OMG! I feel like I have completed neglected my bags! My DH always makes fun of me about how I have them all organized by brand, color, and season. I just recently joined this forum and I already need to get cleaner, conditioner, shining monkey spray, and more handbags!!

kathyrose said:
Some people who aren't aware or don't care about even patina just holds the handles like they normally would. So they touch the handles when carrying the bag with all the natural oils on their hands going on it. Doesn't help too if they apply hand cream a lot and then hold the handles. The part where they hold it would be darker. It would be dirtier too cause that's the part where your hands touch the most but even after cleaning, you can see the darker part where your hands would hold the bag.

How should the bag be carried to prevent that? Just on the crook of the arm or is it safe to hold the handles normally once a patina started?