Evelyne vs. PS1

Yoshi1296

Dec 29, 2012
Hey guys! I've been lusting over a PS1 for a really long time and also an Hermes Evelyne. I want to purchase one of the two but I don't know what to get. I would like to use this bag as an everyday bag for college.

The Hermes Evelyne is classic understated parisian chic and the leather quality is impeccable. But the PS1 has a lining and feels like it would be a good everyday bag and looks so awesome. Price is not a decision factor for me I just don't know what to get.

Which should I get?

Thanks so much!

Elliespurse

Authenticator
O.G.
Jun 21, 2009
europe
Hi, I think they are both great bags. The Evelyne can be carried cross-body while the PS1 has the organization with all pockets :thinking: Do you plan to carry it cross-body a lot?

Yoshi1296

Dec 29, 2012
Hi, I think they are both great bags. The Evelyne can be carried cross-body while the PS1 has the organization with all pockets :thinking: Do you plan to carry it cross-body a lot?
Yes. Thats probably the only way I'll carry the bag. It's a lot easier and more comfy!:smile:

Elliespurse

Authenticator
O.G.
Jun 21, 2009
europe
Yes the Evelyne looks really comfy when carried cross-body. I think you would have to try the PS1 in a store because the strap is usually a bit short for carrying cross-body..

Edia

いらしゃいませ
O.G.
I was considering the evelyn too but just recently bought the ps1 instead. where i live everybody and their moms carry an evelyn. i decided it was too "clean" for me anyway. Its still super gorgeous but in my oppinion it has a real grown up look to it, whereas the ps1 looks rather young.
BUT if you care for quality id def go for the evelyn!

sookilala

Mar 17, 2013
I'd say go for the Evelyne. I own a PS bag and it's a real pain when it got water marks on it even though I coat it with water repellent spray frequently. Whereas, with my Evelyne in clemence, it's a real no brainer. It's been through rain and still comes out spotless and like new!

patQ

May 18, 2013
USA
It depends on what is your primary use. I've got both myself and I found that evelyne is kind of casual for me.I use it in the weekend.

Feb 17, 2007
I think the biggest difference, aside from the cross-body issue is closure. Do you need the bag to close completely?