Evelyne TPM vs WOC

jessgotLoVe

Nov 28, 2018
I'm between getting an Evelyne TPM or a WOC (Diorama/Chanel) during my vacay in Melbourne next month.

I know they are vastly different bags in terms of looks, but the amount they hold seems to be relatively similar which is why I'm on the fence.

As a mom of 2 young kids I love a good small crossbody with easy access for essentials. Currently, I'm reaching for my LV Favourite mostly, and looking to expand my luxury collection. I'm 5'5" so length of strap doesn't really bother me. I believe I would eventually get both Evelyn TPM and either of the WOC in the long run, but for now I would like to get one first when I'm on a vacay in Melbourne taking advantage of the currency difference and tax refund (I'm in Singapore).

So, the questions that I guess I'm really asking are:

1) Any opinions on which should I get first, and why?
2) How readily available are Evelyne TPM, Diorama WOC, and Chanel WOC in Melbourne? Any stores/SA that I should go to?
3) Can get a good gauge of prices in Melbourne? (I've googled, not it isn't much help.)

Thanks!

Go to Hermes.com and change the location at the top right to Oceania Australia
Then you can see the pricing in $Aus.
There aren't any TPMs at the moment, but you could compare items with prices you know and get some idea of the differential.
There does not appear to be a Singapore Hermes site.

I have both and they do not fit anywhere near the same amount. While I love the WOC, it cannot hold more than my iPhone X in its case and a few credit cards. Even a lip gloss pot is far too bulky.
In my Evie TPM, which is my usual casual run-around bag, I can carry a filled Calvi, my phone with case, keys, compact, lippie, hair ties, a spare phone battery, AND a small Kindle like the Paperwhite. It is quite a bit deeper than the WOC as well as being larger.

I'd call the Melbourne store and ask the price :smile:

The styles ARE very different so that can be your deciding factor.

Reactions: melsig and lulilu
I 100% endorse the TPM. I have five; and even yesterday, I was resisting the temptation to buy another. I re-homed my WOC to my daughter. The TPM fits plenty. The strap is more comfortable than the Chanel chain. Because the strap is shorter, you can slip your hand in the TPM more readily. The TPM conforms to your body. The open top is plenty secure. The WOC requires modest effort to snap back closed and can be less user friendly because you need to push the bag against your body to close it. The only “downside” of the TPM is you can’t use it for evening. Consider if your goal is dual purpose, but remember that no single bag can do everything.

Go to Hermes.com and change the location at the top right to Oceania Australia
Then you can see the pricing in $Aus.
There aren't any TPMs at the moment, but you could compare items with prices you know and get some idea of the differential.
There does not appear to be a Singapore Hermes site.

Yea, you're right there isn't a site for SG (which is the case for majority of the luxury brands). I've tried your suggested method before posting here. But, unfortunately like you said there's no TPM instock on the site and me being new to Hermes, I'm unsure of the price difference in the sizes, so I googled which was a futile try. T.T I'll try calling the Melbourne stores to check as suggested by @QuelleFromage

I have both and they do not fit anywhere near the same amount. While I love the WOC, it cannot hold more than my iPhone X in its case and a few credit cards. Even a lip gloss pot is far too bulky.
In my Evie TPM, which is my usual casual run-around bag, I can carry a filled Calvi, my phone with case, keys, compact, lippie, hair ties, a spare phone battery, AND a small Kindle like the Paperwhite. It is quite a bit deeper than the WOC as well as being larger.

I'd call the Melbourne store and ask the price :smile:

The styles ARE very different so that can be your deciding factor.

Thank you for sharing! it's very helpful and certainly looks like I'm swaying towards the Evie TPM!

I 100% endorse the TPM. I have five; and even yesterday, I was resisting the temptation to buy another. I re-homed my WOC to my daughter. The TPM fits plenty. The strap is more comfortable than the Chanel chain. Because the strap is shorter, you can slip your hand in the TPM more readily. The TPM conforms to your body. The open top is plenty secure. The WOC requires modest effort to snap back closed and can be less user friendly because you need to push the bag against your body to close it. The only “downside” of the TPM is you can’t use it for evening. Consider if your goal is dual purpose, but remember that no single bag can do everything.

Wow! 5 and still looking to getting more! That sure says a lot. Luckily, my goal isn't dual purpose.. if I go for that my collection is gonna have a hard time expanding. :biggrin::P I have very minimal evening events to attend and tends to dress casual outside of work days. That's why I've included Evie in my options. Honestly, I've held back for a WOC for the longest time as I couldn't decide if it will ever work for me and if it's isn't because of how desirable the colours are for this seasons I wouldn't be tempted in the slightest.

With all that said, I think I've finally made up my mind! Let's see if fate will be good to let me get the Evie while I'm there! Ladies, thank you so much for responding. it sure helps a heap! :heart::heart: