Evelyne TPM leather and insert combo question

MissIn

O.G.
Jul 11, 2013
Hello~ I am looking to purchase a vintage box leather Evelyne TPM and had a couple of questions regarding some logistics of this bag:

1) For a stiffer leather like box, can one still fit a bag insert? Especially since this bag is already quite small and the inserts I see online all seem quite thick.

2) Can anyone recommend a zippered insert for this bag? While at restaurants, I tend to have my bag on my lap (cons of living in tight cities with small restaurants), and am scared the contents will spill out during the meal. This is why having a top zipper to close off all the contents is ideal.

Thanks very much in advance to all those who respond!~

Hello~ I am looking to purchase a vintage box leather Evelyne TPM and had a couple of questions regarding some logistics of this bag:

1) For a stiffer leather like box, can one still fit a bag insert? Especially since this bag is already quite small and the inserts I see online all seem quite thick.

2) Can anyone recommend a zippered insert for this bag? While at restaurants, I tend to have my bag on my lap (cons of living in tight cities with small restaurants), and am scared the contents will spill out during the meal. This is why having a top zipper to close off all the contents is ideal.

Thanks very much in advance to all those who respond!~

Can't say anything about the box TPM as mine is Clemence, but I don't have the spillage issue. The top button secures things just fine. I literally went horseback riding with mine today, and nothing well out, even with all the movement. If you have something truly loose (e.g., coins), I would put it in a Bastia. But otherwise, give the bag a try before getting an extra pouch.

Reactions: Indiana
Ah good to know, gonna keep my eye peeled. I am already looking at drawstring pouches on amazon!

Actually, do you have any pouches that Hermes products come in? Some are a good size for the TPM (I saw that trick here from someone else). Alternatively, if there is an Hermes SA you work with, they can usually find one to give you that would work.

I find an H dustbag too bulky for the tpm. I use a few pouches to keep loose items together, plus Calvi and Bastia. Easy going casual bag, I wouldn’t overthink it.

Can't say anything about the box TPM as mine is Clemence, but I don't have the spillage issue. The top button secures things just fine. I literally went horseback riding with mine today, and nothing well out, even with all the movement. If you have something truly loose (e.g., coins), I would put it in a Bastia. But otherwise, give the bag a try before getting an extra pouch.
Wow! It is very comforting to know that items won't fall out even during something as rigorous as horseback riding. Thanks @AnnaE !! Unfortunately, I do not own any H items that have a dustbag/pouch which fits inside this bag nicely. But I think I will just give it a try without any pouches first!

I find an H dustbag too bulky for the tpm. I use a few pouches to keep loose items together, plus Calvi and Bastia. Easy going casual bag, I wouldn’t overthink it.
Yeah, I don't have any good sized H dustbags that would fit into this small purse. Thanks for your advice, I think I will just get it and use it the way it's meant to be used:biggrin:

Reactions: Indiana