Evelyne Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magda101

Mar 12, 2007
I am hoping to find out a little bit more about Evelyne.
I am terribly sorry if this has been discussed before. What is GM2? Is it a newer version of GM (has a pocket on the back)?
Is Evelyne III the new model?

I purchased an Evelyne GM from Portero. However it seems like an older model. I can't find any stamps for date except for a faded number 19 on the base of the strap.
http://www.portero.com/hermes-natural-clemence-evelyne-gm-bag.html#
Hoping to find out if there is a way to find out the production date of this bag or if what I have is Evelyne III or GM2. Thank you very much.

GM is what you bought.
GM2 has the extra pocket but the strap is not adjustable.
GM3 has extra pocket and adjustable strap.

I'll just take what chincac said and refine:

I, II, III is the Evelyne model:
- Evelyne is what you bought. I think date stamp is near the strap ring, inside the bag. You might also check the base of the strap closure where the II and III date stamps are.
- Evelyne II has the extra outside pocket but the strap is not adjustable.
- Evelyne III has extra outside pocket and adjustable strap.

TPM, PM, GM, TGM are sizes.
- TPM is tiny with thin non-adjustable strap
- PM one of the more common sizes
- GM is 1 inch wider and taller than PM
- TGM is huge

I LOVE this bag and am always happy to see that people continue to love it as well. I've had mine for about 16 years so she must be an orgi GM but she is not a BIG bag. I'm 5'4 and she does not look big on me. She is such a terrific week end/casual bag - also under the radar which is nice too! SHe is the bag that I most often bring to NYC in the winter for day wear as she works well cross body over the fur and bad weather hasn't seemed to bother her at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.