Evelyne: pm or gm? Bright color or dark

deedeedor

Dec 3, 2011
I am looking for an evelyne for casual day with kids or travel use. Shall i go for pm or gm? Bright color or black?

I am 5'6".

Thanks!

kat99

O.G.
Jun 20, 2006
I LOVE the Evelyne in a bright color but for me, I chose to go with black because the bag doesn't have feet or anything that protects it on the ground...so I knew I would get it dirty. Plus it's my total running around bag, it rubs against my dark jeans all the time, etc - black was just easier.

thay

O.G.
Dec 22, 2009
i love the evelyne in a bright color but for me, i chose to go with black because the bag doesn't have feet or anything that protects it on the ground...so i knew i would get it dirty. Plus it's my total running around bag, it rubs against my dark jeans all the time, etc - black was just easier.
+1

Jan 20, 2009
The most popular size in my store for Evelyne is a PM and I know as it was my first H bag 10 years ago and last week I bought a second one. I went for the PM again as it holds all my daily requirements plus extras. I am 5ft 2". I bought etoupe as I wanted an every day bag that didn't shriek Hermes and the colour goes with everything. Not to dark not too light and it doesn't seem to have a colour transfer problem.

lilith1

Mar 7, 2011
East Coast
I have 4 Evelynes, gold, etoupe, orange and malachite, I use them all the time, and have never had color transfer on any of them. I have to say though I use the etoupe and the gold the most.

Blue Rain

Apr 18, 2014
Houston, TX
Evelyne will be rubbing against you all the time. If you are a jean lover, consider darker colors to avoid showing color transfer.

Grandmommie

Bag Lover
O.G.
Sep 27, 2007
TEXAS
I am going to be getting a GM soon. Love the Gold and dark brown. If I really love it going to get some bright colors for next spring/ summer

krawford

Feb 3, 2011
Bright and pm. I am 5'7 and have a gold pm and it is perfect. The gm seemed to big for me.

biorin

Dec 26, 2012
Connecticut
PM- I think with kids it's nicer to have a smaller bag once you don't need to tote around a ton of stuff anymore. Makes it a bit easier to run after them! I think a bright color as well, it's not an evening bag that needs to be demure, might as well play up the fun and casual vibe!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

chincac

Jun 17, 2011
i am similar height and i find the difference between pm and gm is minimal lookswise. in terms of space, it depends on what you carry. for me, the gm can fit a macbook air 11" comfortably whilst in the pm it will be poking out. i have both sizes in light colours..and never have any problems with colour transfers or maintenance and i travel everywhere with my evelynes.

perhaps the best choice for you will be a dark bright colour like rouge garrance, rouge H or blue sapphire?

bugsy2085

Jan 22, 2014
I'm 5'7 with a gold PM. On me I preferred the PM size. My best friend has an Argile GM and does have problems with colored jeans transferring color onto purse. I prefer a neutral bag dressed up with a fun twilly. I change my twilly to match my outfit everyday!!!