Evelyne PM etoupe to keep or not to keep???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pants

O.G.
Jun 10, 2008
I have been on a waiting list for several months, and finally got the call!!! I really want a neutral color, but not sure if this is it! I feel like this color washes me out-I am very pale. Do any of you own this bag? Do you have modeling pics??? Should I try to get a different color??? I always thought etoupe would be my favorite color!!! I've never seen it in real life, just in pictures. Its soooo hard b/c there is never any inventory in Hermes stores, so how do you know what to get on the list for when you don't know how the color will look on you!!!???? I own a gold 35 birkin, and thought I would love etoupe!!!

Etoupe is my favorite color, but I like it better in other styles (B's, GP, Bolide, Lindy, etc.). I prefer evelyne pm in non-neutrals. But since you want a neutral, and etoupe doesn't work on your skin tone, would you want a chocolate or a blue? It might help to see the leather book if you haven't already....

Etoupe is my favorite color, but I like it better in other styles (B's, GP, Bolide, Lindy, etc.). I prefer evelyne pm in non-neutrals. But since you want a neutral, and etoupe doesn't work on your skin tone, would you want a chocolate or a blue? It might help to see the leather book if you haven't already....
Gosh, I know its not the right color for me...the strap against my skin looks awful! I just feel sooo bad telling my SA!! I was sooo happy I got the call, and now I don't want to disappoint him! I would love a birkin in etoupe or etain togo, but the evelyne strap against my skin is really bad!!

Gosh, I know its not the right color for me...the strap against my skin looks awful! I just feel sooo bad telling my SA!! I was sooo happy I got the call, and now I don't want to disappoint him! I would love a birkin in etoupe or etain togo, but the evelyne strap against my skin is really bad!!

I think he will understand. Evelyne is not that hard to get, so it's not like he fought hard w/ another SA to offer it to you, KWIM? Tell him it doesn't work against your skin (that way it's not like you just went fickle on him). Replace your request with something else you really want!

ETA: BTW I vote for etoupe GP!!!!! LOVE.

I agree with purselover888. Your SA will understand. Tell him while you love Evelyne, you need a neutral that isn't so washing against your skin tone. From my experience, my SA is never upset when I turn items down as they would rather have you buy what you will use. Also, for that kind of money, you have to love what you buy. I have Evelyne in Moutarde and I am in love. The color goes with everything!

Also, GP is fabulous!

ok so I got dressed and now I think I may like it, but i still don't know how to post pics on here!!!!!! I have a gold 35 birkin with phw and want a grey birkin too...I am thinking etain togo 35 with phw, and to keep etoupe evelyne...its starting to grow on me!!! Those 3 colors are my favorite, and I really need a hands free bag b/c I have 2 toddler boys, and a baby on the way!!! I guess I'm not feeling my best, being pregnant and all!! Thank you to all of you for your very helpful opinions...I am dying to show u how it looks on me....trying to figure out how to post pic!!!

In your pic, it looks fine but I get what you are saying about it not being the right color next to your skin. I'm betting your skin tone is warm (yellow undertone -- look at the inside of your wrist), and that is why your gold birkin works. I'd go with your initial instinct because the strap is closer to your face. It would be easier to pull off etoupe if it were a birkin or other hand held piece. The color is not close to your face and the strap of the evelyn is and that's why you went eh, blah -- oh no!

You would be better off with a warm brown color or for that matter any color that is warm based versus cool. That's my two cents. I'd hold etain to that same warm/cool standard. I haven't seen it IRL but if it has a green undertone, it would work better than etoupe. Graphite, I have a box kelly and it works fine because it is away from my face. Theoretically, black makes me look dead but I wear it with a scarf that acts as a buffer between the black and skin tone.

(Listen to your "gut"/initial instinct. It is your truth and should not be dismissed by explaining away or being influenced by others. This applies in all phases of life and not just handbags and clothes.)

pants, I'm not going to help with your dilemma: I like how it looks on you. And, the more pressing question: you have two toddlers and are pregnant and look like that??!! What are you talking about: you're gorgeous!

Honey, I too feel like I will disappoint my sa when I turn something down, but really, this is absurd. YOU are the one paying for the bag---s/he works for YOU. Your sa will sell "your" bag in a NY minute so stop fretting, tell sa how you feel, and the right bag will come your way. Good luck.

Stop the press: I just looked at your pic and you look GORGEOUS!! You are not going to have the body of your bag and your face in the same picture. laughing. I love the bag, especially next to black, but again, YOU are the one who has to love it, not me or anyone else!!! Can't wait to hear your decision. I have one though, and it is the best hands off bag on the planet....kids, pregnant---

Thank you all soooo much for your kind words!!! Being pregnant with third, I am extremely indecisive on everything!!! I actually love, love it now!!! I do love other brighter colors as well, but I'm always happier when I wear more neutral colors, I feel like I won't get sick of them as fast:smile: I just bought a rouge casaque jige and love, love it!! I feel like I will be wearing this evelyne all the time ( I am a 3 year old, 2 year old, and one on way in november!!) I definitely need hands free!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.