Evelyne PM Color!

pixy28

O.G.
Apr 12, 2006
I go back and forth daily on this!
I’m torn between etoupe or gold on the Evelyne (both palladium HW. I have olive skin if that matters and love neutrals (white, cream, grey, pink, camel, blue jeans). Most of my shoes are some shade of beige. Thoughts welcome! And no can’t get both and probably only H bag for the foreseeable future.

PC1984

Jan 1, 2016
I obsessed- I mean literally OBSESSED over Evelyne colors for a LONG time. It’s such a personal preference but I now have a PM etain with phw and PM gold with ghw. In my opinion it’s kinda hard to go wrong. Etain is similar to etoupe and both my etain and gold are very versatile. If you’re going to get ONE, I’d try to get gold hardware if possible.

Edit- I reread and see you’re specifically after phw. Still though, I really just think you can’t go wrong. I did read that etoupe doesn’t age well, but I don’t have personal experience with it.

Reactions: pixy28

kelly1234

O.G.
Aug 22, 2011
I have both gold and etoupe bags. I actually find gold to be more neutral than etoupe because it doesn’t really clash with anything. However I prefer gHW with gold so if your only option is PHW I would go with etoupe.

PC1984

Jan 1, 2016
I have both gold and etoupe bags. I actually find gold to be more neutral than etoupe because it doesn’t really clash with anything. However I prefer gHW with gold so if your only option is PHW I would go with etoupe.

I agree about gold. I wasn’t really drawn to it in phw but I own it in ghw and it suits it very well.

Attachments

• F54E41FF-2D46-4CFE-9D68-B0D094F9AFBA.jpeg
    F54E41FF-2D46-4CFE-9D68-B0D094F9AFBA.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 431

pixy28

O.G.
Apr 12, 2006
Thanks! My preference is palladium bc right now my style is very casual and I like the palladium. I’m drawn more to gold but wondered if it actually clashes as opposed to etoupe. When I tried etoupe it felt “muddy” to me.

PC1984

Jan 1, 2016
Thanks! My preference is palladium bc right now my style is very casual and I like the palladium. I’m drawn more to gold but wondered if it actually clashes as opposed to etoupe. When I tried etoupe it felt “muddy” to me.

I’ve heard that etoupe, but I think it depends on lighting. Looks nice under the store lighting, in my opinion. Also lovely in action shots. That said, I went with etain over etoupe.
I don’t think gold clashes with outfits, I think it’s aftually a nice “pop” neutral because it does stand out as opposed to my etain which blends in more.

PC1984

Jan 1, 2016
Beautiful bag! I wish this were an easier decision!
Thank you! And yeah there are just so many options that it’s SO hard to choose. I still second guess a Blue Nuit I passed up. :hrmm: It’s a really really great bag though. I got my first one in May with no intention to get another at all, let alone so soon after.... and in December, along came the gold.