Evelyne Please advise on leather

Pixi

Oct 7, 2009
Hi, can someone just advise me on this please- I am buying an Evelyne from an Hermes store outside of where I live and I'm dealing with the very nice SA over the phone. Its an Evelyne 3 PM
She says its in togo leather, I just want to make sure that this is a nice supple soft leather that will suit the messenger style, I had always thought that I should get clemence. Or will togo do the job?? Also the size, I'm 5'2, I don't want it to look huge on me, so I'm hoping the PM will look well on my frame.
She's holding it for me for a few hours while I decide so any replies would be most grateful!

I have one Evelyne GM in clemence & one in togo & both are slouchy & soft & great for messenger bags. I'm 5'3" & preferred the GM size. The size difference isn't tremendous b/t the GM & PM so it should work as well.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for that! The SA is holding a black pm 3 and an etoupe pm 3 and I am seriously thinking of getting the two of them. You mentioned you had 2, do you think its choice of colours, I thought the etoupe would be nice with all my neutrals- I originally thought I should get gold but can't seem to get it. Is etoupe a good choice?
I have a 9 month old baby and a 3 yr old so figure I will get lots of wear out of 2. Do you find you use one more than the other?
Decisions decisions!

Thanks for that! The SA is holding a black pm 3 and an etoupe pm 3 and I am seriously thinking of getting the two of them. You mentioned you had 2, do you think its choice of colours, I thought the etoupe would be nice with all my neutrals- I originally thought I should get gold but can't seem to get it. Is etoupe a good choice?
I have a 9 month old baby and a 3 yr old so figure I will get lots of wear out of 2. Do you find you use one more than the other?
Decisions decisions!

Etoupe is a fabulous neutral! Black is always classic. My evelynes are orange & rouge vif- they are my casual fun bags so I like the pop in colors. I personally reserve black for more formal occasions which translates to a BBK or BBB.

So it's totally up to you. I don't really use one more than the other but with 2 neutrals perhaps you could go with 1 evelyne & 1 kelly w/ a canvas strap? :biggrin: Good luck!

Togo will soften over time and will resemble the softness of Clemence. Etoupe is the best neutral. Better than Gold IMHO. I have a GM 2 in Graphite Clemence. Go for it!

PixiYou will love the Evelyne! As jeyatlin said, there is not that much differnce between the PM and the GM, but I think the PM will be perfect for you. I am 5'7" and I have 2 PM Evelyne bags and just received my third - a GM 2. Get both the black and the etoupe! You won't regret it.