Evelyne Owners...Would love your opinion!

mimi0011

O.G.
Apr 9, 2009
Hi ladies/gents,

Would love to hear your opinion on a purchase of an evelyne. I'm a Mom with
little ones, but still carry my birkin and wear my CLs whenever I can. I love, love, love my birkins, but it can be quite difficult carrying it when I am out and about with my kids. I love the quality of Hermes and was thinking about purchasing an Evelyne III PM (I tried this one on at the store and it was perfect...I am about 5'5). To be honest, I dislike the canvas strap and this is the only reason why I am hesitating. I own many Chanels (classics and totes) that I do wear every day, but it is still too flashy for the park...lol. I figure the evelyne would be perfect for travel, but not sure if I am the "messenger" style type bag. I don't own any. Thoughts? :smile: Thanks in advance!

I just purchased the GM about a month ago once I realized how hard it is to carry a bag on your shoulder and push a stroller at the same time (I just had twins in February). I really like it--even more than I thought I would. However, I'm a very casual dresser and BB (before babies) I carried a Goyard St. Louis or a Balenciaga work or day. I reserve my Chanels pretty much exclusively for evenings out etc.

I think the messenger style really works with kids, and the canvas strap doesn't bug me at all.

I have heard that there has been some problems with the strap growing with use. As of now, I don't think there is a solution to this problem but you might want to check with someone that is more knowledgeable about this problem. I would just hate for you to buy a bag and then have a problem with it.

I have heard that there has been some problems with the strap growing with use. As of now, I don't think there is a solution to this problem but you might want to check with someone that is more knowledgeable about this problem. I would just hate for you to buy a bag and then have a problem with it.

There's a new strap. When purchasing from the boutique, make sure the strap has leather pieces on the canvas attached to the hardware to make sure you're getting the latest version.

I just purchased the GM about a month ago once I realized how hard it is to carry a bag on your shoulder and push a stroller at the same time (I just had twins in February). I really like it--even more than I thought I would. However, I'm a very casual dresser and BB (before babies) I carried a Goyard St. Louis or a Balenciaga work or day. I reserve my Chanels pretty much exclusively for evenings out etc.

I think the messenger style really works with kids, and the canvas strap doesn't bug me at all.

Congrats, ahertz! You must be a busy mommy! Yes, I totally understand the pushing the stroller and carrying a bag. It always slides off your arms! I appreciate your two cents. I actually try to dress up most of the time and wear my Chanels often. However, I was thinking that maybe it is time to get a casual bag that is low maintenance. Such a tough decision for me...

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely check that out. Thank you!!!

I have an Evelyne and really like it. However, my favorite bag is my Jypsiere. Have you considered it? If you love your Birkin, but want the ease of a messenger bag, your answer is the Jypsiere.

I have an Evelyne and really like it. However, my favorite bag is my Jypsiere. Have you considered it? If you love your Birkin, but want the ease of a messenger bag, your answer is the Jypsiere.

Thanks, alundpr. I have considered it, but I can't get over paying so much for a messenger bag. It is really nice and I appreciate the suggestion. I guess the evelyne was appealing because of price, too.

The Evelyne is great! You could also try the new Massai Cut. It gives you your choice of 2 all leather straps - short for hobo style or long messenger.

Yes I would recommend the Massai Cut as well. :tup: I recently got rid of my Evelyne III PM because I never cared for the canvas strap; it was too casual/sporty for me, not very comfortable, and too long to wear as a shoulder bag even when shortened as far as possible (I am 5'4"). I replaced it with a Massai Cut 32, which comes with two leather straps to wear shoulder or messenger style. It's a smaller bag but holds roughly the same as the Evelyne PM. And unlike the Evelyne, the Massai Cut has a zip top, is lined, and has an interior pocket. http://usa.hermes.com/p_massai-cut-...75_168041_168030_167593_127525_10202_10052_-1

I have a toddler and just took my Evenlyne with him to NYC - it was awesome because I was completely hands-free. It's such a high quality bag so although it looks casual because of the messenger-way I was using it, it still looks damn good. I have a black one so the canvas strap doesn't stand out too much as being canvas. Perfect for NYC!

It is very easy to get things in and out, plus I love the way it molds to your body.

I did get a zippered insert for the city because I was afraid of getting pick-pocketed.

Forgot to mention that I sometimes put a big ziplock bag with diaper stuff in it. It was so versatile!

BTW, I have gotten used to it without the zipper and much prefer it this way because it is easy to get things in/out. I was annoyed with having to deal with the zippered insert while in NY.

Hi mummies,

I was also considering between an evelyne and garden party as a baby bag. I have 2 young todds and a bb. I shortlisted these 2 as I realized what a pain it was to struggle with zippers when they get cranky. Also a shoulder bag (i actually bought a large veneta as my baby bag) can get v bothersome when I have to carry one of them.... Still thinking whether I should get the evelyne cos I don't really fancy the canvas strap too.