Evelyne just for casual?

If you order a seccond strap and have it custom cut short so that the bag fits right under the arm or on the fore arm it looks very chic for going out I love this look and at one point H even made a mini version I Epsom for this purpose with both long and short starp options hope it helps darling!!!!! Best .birkel.

My perception is for casual use and that may be because there are other H and a shelf of Chanel from which to choose. They would get the nod for times when I want more pizzazz - a notch above casual, casual, if that makes sense.

I only use it for casual days. Shortening the strap jazzes it up a bit, especially with the right twillies. But not enough for formal events or fancy dinners out IMHO.

I wouldn't wear this for anything formal but as others said, shortening the strap will give it a bit more elegance. I have seen it on several people in my area and wearing it crossbody is definately a very casual look.

If you order a seccond strap and have it custom cut short so that the bag fits right under the arm or on the fore arm it looks very chic for going out I love this look and at one point H even made a mini version I Epsom for this purpose with both long and short starp options hope it helps darling!!!!! Best .birkel.

Great idea.

The evelyne messenger style seems to be just a casual everyday bag. Are there ways of using it for an evening night out with friends?

I saw one TPFer did it to her Evelyne and told my mom...what she did it's tied and used a H silk scarve as a shorter handle...it totally turns the bag into a more dressier bag!!!!