Evelina vs Carter - any opinions?

Rachael25

O.G.
Jun 27, 2007
Hi Ladies

I am pleased to hear that the Evelina satchel has now arrived in the outlets. I had my eye on this last year and ordered it from M.com in the sale for £357. I returned it as I was lusting after an Alexa at the time, which I am now very lucky to own.
I rang BV this morning and they have the Evelina in summer khaki for £357 but it's a sub so can't be posted and I am nowhere near BV so visiting isn't an option. I have been unable to get through to CO so far today so am not sure if they have any in stock.
However, the Carter camera bag has also caught my eye and I know it's in stock at BV for £295 and it's not a sub so could be posted out. My questions are;
are evelina and carter similar in size?
is the strap on carter adjustable?
does anyone have either bag and can offer any advice?

I keep seeing picture of Cat Deeley with the Carter, does anyone know if this is the size that's in the outlet for £295 (I believe it was originally £895)? And is it the birds nest colour (grey/khaki)?

Sorry for such a long post, but hopefully someone will be able to help me!

Thank you

Rachael x

Hi Ladies

I am pleased to hear that the Evelina satchel has now arrived in the outlets. I had my eye on this last year and ordered it from M.com in the sale for £357. I returned it as I was lusting after an Alexa at the time, which I am now very lucky to own.
I rang BV this morning and they have the Evelina in summer khaki for £357 but it's a sub so can't be posted and I am nowhere near BV so visiting isn't an option. I have been unable to get through to CO so far today so am not sure if they have any in stock.
However, the Carter camera bag has also caught my eye and I know it's in stock at BV for £295 and it's not a sub so could be posted out. My questions are;
are evelina and carter similar in size?
is the strap on carter adjustable?
does anyone have either bag and can offer any advice?

I keep seeing picture of Cat Deeley with the Carter, does anyone know if this is the size that's in the outlet for £295 (I believe it was originally £895)? And is it the birds nest colour (grey/khaki)?

Sorry for such a long post, but hopefully someone will be able to help me!

Thank you

Rachael x

Hi Rachael!
I have a carter but I have the black double handled so can't comment on the camera bag.
However the one that cat deeley is glued to at the mo ( I keep seeing her carrying it too!) is definitely the one in the outlets at the mo, the birds nest camera for £295!
:smile:

Hi Rachael!
I have a carter but I have the black double handled so can't comment on the camera bag.
However the one that cat deeley is glued to at the mo ( I keep seeing her carrying it too!) is definitely the one in the outlets at the mo, the birds nest camera for £295!
:smile:

Hi!

I haven't paid much attention to the Carter until now. Did it come in a single and double strap version? Have seen Cat wear hers across body and on the shoulder. It's appealing to me because it looks around the same size as Evelina, it's a little cheaper and can be posted to me from BV. How do you find your Carter? Do you use it a lot? Sorry for all the questions, don't mean to bombard you ;) x

Hi!

I haven't paid much attention to the Carter until now. Did it come in a single and double strap version? Have seen Cat wear hers across body and on the shoulder. It's appealing to me because it looks around the same size as Evelina, it's a little cheaper and can be posted to me from BV. How do you find your Carter? Do you use it a lot? Sorry for all the questions, don't mean to bombard you ;) x

Yes Rachel, it came in both.....

Attachments

• image-59899740.jpg
    image-59899740.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 363
Oh thank you for that! Managed to get through to CO, they have both Evelina and Carter in stock :graucho:!

Sorry to keep asking questions, can anyone tell me if croc nappa leather is matte or shiny? I'm after the exact one that Cat Deeley carries!
Both the single and double handle are made in exactly the same leather so you can be secure in the knowledge you will have the same bag....there is only one version of croc nappa. :smile:

I think you might already be leaning towards a Carter just but wanted to add my opinion - I have the Camera Bag Carter in Midnight and really rate it. I nearly purchased the crows nest but decided I preferred the other colour. Great size bag and very light weight as well. Please post pictures if you do decided to get one!

I think you might already be leaning towards a Carter just but wanted to add my opinion - I have the Camera Bag Carter in Midnight and really rate it. I nearly purchased the crows nest but decided I preferred the other colour. Great size bag and very light weight as well. Please post pictures if you do decided to get one!

Ha ha I know I seem to have answered my own question throughout this thread don't I??!!

Do you have any shots of your carter in action? Would love to see them if you do x

Ha ha I know I seem to have answered my own question throughout this thread don't I??!!

Do you have any shots of your carter in action? Would love to see them if you do x

I don't unfortunately (would take some now but I am in comfy Sunday clothes :biggrin:) My reveal thread is here though if you wanted to see the bag in detail: http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/an-unplanned-reveal-793890.html.

I know there's a few of us on here with Carters so they might have some modelling shots.

Edit: I did take some modelling shots (surprised myself there!).

I am interested to read the reports on the Carter camera.
I ordered one from CO last week . When it arrived I loved the shape and size. However The leather is wrapped around the chain handle and on mine it was stretched in one place and looked like it was about to tear. The SA told me it is made from Nappa leather which is not very hard wearing and not really suitable for day to day use. Reluctantly I returned it for a refund rather than replacement as I wanted a bag I could use regularly.
Has anyone else has that problem?

I don't unfortunately (would take some now but I am in comfy Sunday clothes :biggrin:) My reveal thread is here though if you wanted to see the bag in detail: http://forum.purseblog.com/mulberry/an-unplanned-reveal-793890.html.

I know there's a few of us on here with Carters so they might have some modelling shots.

Edit: I did take some modelling shots (surprised myself there!).

Just had a look and it look great on you! Am I right in thinking the strap can be worn single or double? So it could be worn cross body if wanted?

P.S. Can relate to the sunday clothes, I'm wearing pj bottoms as I have done all day ;) x

The leather on my strap is probably a little bit looser in one place - nowhere at all to the point of stretching though. I do think that it might have been worth on the other one I looked at in BV - can't really remember but there was definitely something that made me choose the one I did.

Just had a look and it look great on you! Am I right in thinking the strap can be worn single or double? So it could be worn cross body if wanted?

P.S. Can relate to the sunday clothes, I'm wearing pj bottoms as I have done all day ;) x

The strap can be made longer but it sits across the bag due to wear the strap fastenings are. I've taken a picture for you to show what I mean - ignore my very comfy jack wills trousers :graucho:

photo-1.jpg

The strap can be made longer but it sits across the bag due to wear the strap fastenings are. I've taken a picture for you to show what I mean - ignore my very comfy jack wills trousers :graucho:

photo-1.jpg

Thanks so much for that. It's the kind of bag I'd use if I was out for the day shopping so I find it useful to have a cross body option. I like the way the chain crosses the front of the bag. I'm sold.
Nice trousers by the way, much better than my pj bottoms ;) x

Thanks so much for that. It's the kind of bag I'd use if I was out for the day shopping so I find it useful to have a cross body option. I like the way the chain crosses the front of the bag. I'm sold.
Nice trousers by the way, much better than my pj bottoms ;) x

Thanks, they are very comfy and would be PJ bottoms but they're a bit thick! Glad my photo helped though :biggrin: