Eva and New Favorite- Redundant?

May 10, 2012
Hi wise purse lovers,

I really like the new Favorite but I have two Evas already- monogram and damier ebene. Is the Favorite too similar to Eva- both have gold chains and similar sizing although Eva has a zip and Favorite a flap? Should I get the new 2012 pochette accessories instead? I'd like to have a more casual bag for daily wear- the pochette is good for that, but maybe I should start using the DE Eva for everyday instead and buy the Favorite and keep it with mono Eva for slightly nicer occasions? Sorry if this is confusing- I could

1) buy new Pochette for daily use, and not buy the Favorite
2)buy the Favorite and use my DE Eva for daily use (it's more worry free and dirt resistant than the monogram)

Thanks in advance for your advice!

i say that if you really like crossbody bags it's not redundant. despite being similar they're definitely not the same bags. i don't think the eva is an everyday bag though, it looks kind of dressy to me. i think the favorite looks more casual. but do what you like!

Hi wise purse lovers,

I really like the new Favorite but I have two Evas already- monogram and damier ebene. Is the Favorite too similar to Eva- both have gold chains and similar sizing although Eva has a zip and Favorite a flap? Should I get the new 2012 pochette accessories instead? I'd like to have a more casual bag for daily wear- the pochette is good for that, but maybe I should start using the DE Eva for everyday instead and buy the Favorite and keep it with mono Eva for slightly nicer occasions? Sorry if this is confusing- I could

1) buy new Pochette for daily use, and not buy the Favorite
2)buy the Favorite and use my DE Eva for daily use (it's more worry free and dirt resistant than the monogram)

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Sorry, but what does the Favorite look like? I'm googling it and all kinds of purses come up. HAHA wish I could help ya out.

i keep looking at the Favourite but I have decided to skip because i think i prefer my Eva more. I like the zipper rather than a flap and I actually like the long strap on on Eva. Personally I would buy the new pochette :smile:

I think Eva is more casual than favorite. I love the look of the favorite mm, but it is much more adult and mature in my opinion. I also DO NOT like the vachetta strap. It's a complete contradiction to the rest of the bag. If you get it, I'd use your Eva strap with it.

I would get the new and improved pochette. I bought it right after its debut this month and have used it everyday. I love it! You can also use the crossbody strap from your mono Eva with it, and it's a great casual look, too.

I bought the Favorite MM but had to return it. I wanted to love it so badly, but the magnetic flap closure didn't work for me. I'm tall and long-waisted, so the strap was a bit too short for me to wear it as a crossbody, but it was the perfect length to wear as a long shoulder bag. Unfortunately, wearing it over my shoulder with the vachetta strap caused the flap to detach as I walked. I think my walk is too spastic for it to remain securely closed. I tried other Favorites to make sure it wasn't due to a weak magnet in mine, but they all did the same thing. Probably just a problem that would of course only affect spastic moi, but just something to keep in mind as you try it out in the store.

Also, if you would prefer to get the new pochette in the damier ebene because of concerns with the vachetta, my SA said that it will be out in the other prints in October.

The magnetic flap is not as secured as the zip. If Eva is big enough for u, favourite is not necessary. I see favourite as a gd choice if Eva is too small for your needs.

Gd luck!