European size 39- what's my US size??

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'd be so grateful if someone could help me with this one! I'm a European size 39 and I'd like to know what my US size is. I remember having bought a size 9 before, but in all the conversion charts they say I'm really a size 8.5. Any ideas? I'm about to buy a bunch of shoes from an American website so I want my size to be right!

2. 8 1/2

I'd go with 8 1/2 for OPEN TOE
    and 9 for closed toe

:smile:

I'm a 36 and I ALWAYS go that way. Boots always 6.5 and open toes are always 6 and they fit perfectly well :smile:

SOME boots in 6 are fine too but 6.5 give me that extra room to wear thick socks :smile:

3. 8.5 and maybe a 8 in some brands.
    Just have to know what brands?

I am a 40 to 40.5......in my cowboy boots I am a 9 and dress shoes normally 9.5. Nike a 9.
    Some brands run smaller and I am a 10.

4. Hm... I wear a 39.5 EUR and I'm a 9.5 US.

5. Yeah, it really depends on the brand, but probably around 8.5-9.

6. I used to wear a european size 39 in heels and 39.5 in flats and boots. I was a 8.5-9 in US sizing.

7. Agreed. I feel the previous posts have underestimated a little.

8. Do you mean EUR size as in French size or Italian size? (I'm a french 42, italian 41 and a US 11)

I would say

French 39 = US 8
    Italian 39 = US 9

:smile:

9. I wear US 8 and Euro size 38.5 to 39, so I would say that 39 = 8.5.

10. Depends on the brand but I would say 8.5 or 9. What US brand are you looking at? Some run large.

11. I'm a Euro 39 and I wear a size 9 usually. Some shoes run big and so I need an 8.5. It's good to research the brands before you make a purchase. You can check on Zappos.com if a brand runs true to size.

12. I am a Euro 39 and often buy US brands online... I find that I need US 8.5-9.

13. Yes, I agree with the others. You're an 8.5-9.