European Nail Polish Exchange - anyone in :)

do you mean a box? we tried to start this before (with a general beauty box I think!) but postage was really high sending around the EU unfortunately, as it is based on weight and not box size like in the US.

Yes, I mean box... in Bulgaria, price for up to 2kg. signed for is 13EUR, is it much more expensive in the other countries?

I think 2kg. is about 25-30 polishes, not a big box :sad:

How about a premium exchange for brand like Chanel, Dior, DL, RBL? 25-30 is more than enough...

If I remember correct we tried to organise it but somehow it didn't happen....

Sounds like a great idea but shipping is unfortunately too expensive for me.

For Belgium, shipping up to 2kg, insured and with signature, is 29.8euros. You can get a lot of polishes for that price...

Unfortunately, many countries have regulations prohibiting nail polish being sent thru national mail. It would be awful to have the box confiscated :sad:

Unfortunately, many countries have regulations prohibiting nail polish being sent thru national mail. It would be awful to have the box confiscated :sad:

I'm from the US, but I just wanted to note that the US has similar regulations, and I don't think there have been any problems yet, as long as you make sure you write the correct thing on the customs declaration (ie. not "nail polish")

For Belgium, shipping up to 2kg, insured and with signature, is 29.8euros. You can get a lot of polishes for that price...

Same here! Insured Shipping cost depending on the European country I'm shipping to. It goes from 16,00 EUR up to almost 40,00 EUR depending on the country I'm shipping to. And not to mention size and weight problems with the different shipping providers...

Only positive thing: when you send packages within the EU you don't have to declare what is inside, so no forms to fill out like in the US!

I'm from the US, but I just wanted to note that the US has similar regulations, and I don't think there have been any problems yet, as long as you make sure you write the correct thing on the customs declaration (ie. not "nail polish")

Well, remember with US, while we haven't seen any problems *knocks on wood*, we still ship at our own risk, since np is a prohibited item.

Also, if you all are considering insurance, when we did the last premium exchange, we decided it wasn't worth it and decided not to get insurance. The reason was because np is a prohibited item, even if the box was lost, we would have a lot of difficulty in making an insurance claim since we weren't meant to be shipping nail polish in the first place. So you may want to think about how local EU laws would work and whether insurance is worth the cost.

haha, with the insurance thingy it is in Germany quite different!

When I send something insured to someone in the EU, I don't have to fill any form out to state what is in that package.

The whole package is insured up to 500,00 EUR and in case it gets lost I get those.

I just have to fill out a lost claim and have to wait some time to see if the package turnes up but if it dosen't, I'll get the money.

Agree with this. I'd love to participate but shipping from Ireland can get pretty pricey for larger or heavier packages, and they seem to just lose those without tracking and insurance :tdown:

Maybe there might be some way to do it virtually, without actually sending the whole lot of polishes around, but I know it wouldn't be as exciting or fun as receiving the package and getting to sort through it all before adding your own polishes.

Maybe there might be some way to do it virtually, without actually sending the whole lot of polishes around, but I know it wouldn't be as exciting or fun as receiving the package and getting to sort through it all before adding your own polishes.
Now THAT is a great idea. If we all made a list (maybe with pictures) of polishes we don't want anymore and then start swapping...
Or is this against tpf rules?