European football - any fans?

najse22

O.G.
May 7, 2013
Hi, everyone!
I was just wondering if anyone here is into European football?

I follow the local team FC Copenhagen and also FC Barcelona and Arsenal.
And I can't wait for the World Cup to start this Thursday!:graucho:

They did great this season, too bad we didn't win it. But I'm so proud already. I'm also looking forward to the WC! So exciting right??
Yes, I was really hoping that LFC would take the league too (since Arsenal was out of the run). I am really excited to see your team in Champions League next season!

Incredibly exciting with the WC!! Which team /teams do you hope will win?

I really hope that Argentina will do well, their attack is awe inspiring!

And also Germany, but that's mostly because my DH and I are going to Berlin when the match for the third place and the finale is played, and we are going to see the matches at the fan meile. So it would be great fun to watch Germany play surrounded by loads of happy Germans.:smile:

A MUFC fan here! Though this season was terrible for them- they're not even in the Champions League for next season :/ I'm hoping they sign some great players before the 14/15 season. And of course looking forward to the World Cup.

I can't decide who to support for WC lol. Usually I'll support the teams with LFC players. In the past, I had supported the Dutch team when Dirk Kuyt was with LFC, I'm a big fan of his :biggrin:

MUFC has a good coach now, I'm sure they will be very strong next season :smile:

Yeah, United's season was somewhat disasterous. And they will be missed in Champions League. The resignation of Ferguson plus a team of players, that wasn't as solid as in recent years really did them in this past season.
I hope the new coach will do better and that the squad will have some upgrades.

Who do you (Espinosa) support in the WC?

Yes, I really like Kuyt as well!
I liked the Dutch team when it had players like Frank Rijkaard, Van Basten and de Boer, but in recent years I' ve found them to be playing a bit to rough.

But it was actually a game in the Euro 1992 that turned me on to football! Denmark and Holland played the semi final and it was one of the most exciting things, I'd ever seen. I was almost disappointed in the final even though Denmark won, just because the semi final was so crazy :lol:

The French football team is leaving this morning for Brazil.
Franck Ribery won't be able to go because of persistent back problems.....
Those who follow the Bayern team know how great Ribéry is.
Anyway, I can't wait for the World Cup to begin!:smile:

The French football team is leaving this morning for Brazil.
Franck Ribery won't be able to go because of persistent back problems.....
Those who follow the Bayern team know how great Ribéry is.
Anyway, I can't wait for the World Cup to begin!:smile:
Yes, Ribery is an amazing player! It's really sad that he can't go.

I saw one of the test matches France played and was quite impressed! I really like that they play rather fast and with great technique! Of all the test matches I've seen, France has impressed me the most, so I'm quite excited to see, how far they can take it. (I've also seen test matches with Brazil, Germany, Honduras, Cameroun and Spain.)

Yeah, United's season was somewhat disasterous. And they will be missed in Champions League. The resignation of Ferguson plus a team of players, that wasn't as solid as in recent years really did them in this past season.
I hope the new coach will do better and that the squad will have some upgrades.

Who do you (Espinosa) support in the WC?

I'm originally from a Portuguese colony so .... Força Portugal! though I might have to skip a majority of the game with Germany since I have finals the next day :sad::sad:

I think the problem with United is that apart from Fergie leaving, they don't have the stability that alot of the older players brought i.e Scholsy, Keane, Van Nistelrooy, Giggsy, Cristiano. The team in the early 2000s to around 2007 was the best in my opinion. I just don't see the same talent in this squad. Plus, this younger team is more about the $$, and their page 3 girls. There are numerous times, where they've stayed out before game days, and just received fines etc Which I find ridiculous. I can't imagine that ever happening when Keano was captain.

Van Gaal needs to bring on a new talent from other teams. And if Rooney, wants to go they should just let him!

I'm originally from a Portuguese colony so .... Força Portugal! though I might have to skip a majority of the game with Germany since I have finals the next day :sad::sad:

I think the problem with United is that apart from Fergie leaving, they don't have the stability that alot of the older players brought i.e Scholsy, Keane, Van Nistelrooy, Giggsy, Cristiano. The team in the early 2000s to around 2007 was the best in my opinion. I just don't see the same talent in this squad. Plus, this younger team is more about the $$, and their page 3 girls. There are numerous times, where they've stayed out before game days, and just received fines etc Which I find ridiculous. I can't imagine that ever happening when Keano was captain.

Van Gaal needs to bring on a new talent from other teams. And if Rooney, wants to go they should just let him!

Sorry to hear, that you'll miss most of the game :sad:. I hope you'll do really well in your finals!!

I agree that the players you mention made a great team!! And there's no way near the same quality in the squad now. I mean, some of those you mention are almost legendary!!
Which really can't be said for the current players. And yes, it is imbarrasing to stay out before a game day, they are supposed to be professionals!

I so hope that Van Gaal gets lots of money to buy some longterm quality. And if he can get some of that money by selling Rooney, I don't see why not.

Now, I'm nowhere near being a Man U supporter, but I think that it's one of the all time great teams and therefore should be a factor in the Premier League and participate in the Chl.

Talking about Rooney, I don't think the England squad has what it takes to make it that far. Especially if it comes down to penalties.
I don't think England will go very far either. I think some of it has to do with the amount of games they play in England due to the League and all the cups. Some of the players are seem quite spent when the season is over.

They have great (but the best of them old) mid fielders, and an okay defence and goalie, but as I see it, no super attackers. They are decent, but not mindblowing.

My guess is that Uruguay and Italy take first and second in their group.