Europe / Middle East trip: Is there a best city to buy in?

mohagenka

May 30, 2021
Hi all, over the holidays I’m going to be travelling to a few different cities with family and hoping to check out Cartier/VCA. The cities will be Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Doha, Amsterdam, and Paris.
I am not super familiar with how exactly VAT refund works and will soon look it up but was just curious if others have had experience and know if there’s a “best city” to buy in out of these for price? Also, besides price, has anyone had particularly outstanding experiences with SAs or stores in general in these cities? (there are so many in Paris hahaha)
Thanks in advance!

I’d say Paris because of the history of those 2 brands. I think that makes it more special. Otherwise I have no idea about the price difference. I imagine Paris would be cheapest since that’s where they originate?

Reactions: mohagenka
Had been there twice. Sooooooo bigheaded. Just unbelievable.

Definitely check out Rue de la Paix

Same! They were so rude to me, despite being fully empty with SA's standing everywhere, no one offered to help OR actually help even when asked. I got the worst vibes at that location!

My fav store is the Abu Dhabi Galleria Cartier. Always super nice, courteous, and go out of their way to make you feel good. I'm on my 7th Cartier piece and between the Toronto Yorkdale store and NYC Cartier, AD Galleria will always hold a special place in my heart.

Reactions: scheurin