Europe in October!

lark_lulu

Apr 21, 2008
Canada
Bring whatever you will be comfortable in. I would pack items I could layer because during the course of a day, and you know this the weather can change. Also I would add one non casual outfit--you may need it if you guys decide to try a good restaurant that does not allow jeans and running shoes.

antwerp

O.G.
Nov 25, 2008
I live in Belgium, west of Germany and north of France. Believe me: in oktober and november the weather is , most of the time, not nice: a lot of rain, so make sure you have an umbrella or raincoat. Jeans are ok, but as read somewhere above, no sneakers, (converse are fine) and especially no white socks.
I almost never wear trousers, but always dressen with thights. A nice scarf is a good idea.
I can honestly say that from october on, my summer clothes are in the attick.
I hope you are in luck and will have no rain on your holiday, but it won't be hot.

Brina

Mar 11, 2009
Germany
I'm from Germany and in fall it can be a little bit cold here, so bring boots and a jacket that keeps you warm with you!
If you have any other questions, let me know!

We're going to Wiesbaden because my mom grew up there, and I have some relatives that I've never met... Dusseldorf same kinda deal. But I'm still evaluating... we have so little time, so much to do!

I could never go sightseeing in heels... I try to be kind to my feet!!

My bf has already stated that he's wearing his Nikes and nothing will change that. Will we get kicked out of nice restaurants at night, or will the fact that he's British save him? :P I thought I'd sneak in a nice pair of shoes just in case...
If your BF loves his Nikes, wearing them during the day will be fine. But depending on where you go out at night, he might not be allowed in. There are restaurants and night clubs that have a dress code and it usually applies to shoes (few still make a guy wear a tie unless it's a very conservative place). I'd sneak in a nicer pair just in case ;) Won't hurt and better safe than sorry! (or hungry).

By the way Wiesbaden and Duesseldorf are nice in their own way, so spending a day or two there should be fun. I was just saying it might get boring if you're staying there longer, but visiting relatives is a different reason for going anyway. Have a great time!

candace117

Whiskey in a Teacup
O.G.
Oct 31, 2007
Orange County
facebook.com
I am definitely going to be packing more than my husband is :lolots: he is VERY casual and doesn't care much about clothes, so good luck for me getting him to wear anything nice...yup it's a tough job for me!

mellecyn

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
I´d pack jeans, sweaters, flats (that resist to rain !), a jacket or a trench coat, a light scarf.
Bring a skirt, dress and 1 pair of heels if you want to dress up to go out.
October in middle Europe in usually grey and rainy, with a few good days of sun.

mellecyn

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
....yes in some places men won´t even be allowed in with white sneakers. (dress code thing). The other no no would be bermuda shorts, but I guess you´re safe from that in october !!