Travel Europe in March - what to wear?

DizzyFairy

O.G.
Sep 13, 2010
Australia
I am heading to Europe (uk, france, switzerland, belgium, italy, netherland) in march for a month...

What clothes should I bring with me? I m thinking to bring my down jacket and jeans...

What shoes should I wear if I would be walking for quite a bit? I am not fond of runners/sneakers look..

TIA...

Lajka

Lancelover
Jul 3, 2011
Europe
www.frangipani.cz
In March on North of Europe can be between 5 - 20°C and it will be rain, probably.
I recommend variable clothes so you can undress and dress - T-shirt, sweather, jacket. And good shoes without heels - moccasins or good ballerinas. At least two pairs, if you had one wet. And a umbrella.

Will You go to Prague too?

antwerp

O.G.
Nov 25, 2008
In those countries, there is still a chance of snow in the beginning of March. and ther will definitely be rain, so a good umbrella is needed.
as for shoes: nice flat boots will do.

DizzyFairy

O.G.
Sep 13, 2010
Australia
In March on North of Europe can be between 5 - 20°C and it will be rain, probably.
I recommend variable clothes so you can undress and dress - T-shirt, sweather, jacket. And good shoes without heels - moccasins or good ballerinas. At least two pairs, if you had one wet. And a umbrella.

Will You go to Prague too?
Nope, i will not be heading to Prague... thanks for reminding me about the umbrella

In those countries, there is still a chance of snow in the beginning of March. and ther will definitely be rain, so a good umbrella is needed.
as for shoes: nice flat boots will do.
ahh great, i really would love to see snow in a city.. the thing is, i have tiny feet, EU 32 (eqv to size 1 uk, size 2.5 US)... so i dont get to choose anything decent for shoes... i did see some Zara kids leather boots which i m dying to buy but they dont ship to Australia..

bring warm clothes & warm shoes.
Thankyou.

What part of Italy?
I m heading to Florence and Milan....

Lots of European streets are cobblestore. Keep that in mind when considering footwear
Thanks for tip.

antwerp

O.G.
Nov 25, 2008
the last few years we had snow in Belgium in teh beginning of March, but this year is quite warm.