EU Dental or The Face Dental

katrinawhy

High
Sep 7, 2017
I would like to know who does better 2 jaw surgery's and v-lines. Between EU an The Face Dental. Which have better reviews. The reason, I'm asking these questions is I don't know if people who get the 2 jaw surgery don't like the face dental because they don't look like their favorite K pop star or their head or face isn't small enough. An giving out bad reviews. An the same with Eu. I feel like some people are not botched they just have this picture in their mind of looking a certain way. But some people actually get botched. I don't know about the face dental or EU. Big question mark???

Last edited:
Hmm, well I've consulted with both TFD and EU but ended up going to GNG. I'm day 30 post-op right now for two-jaw, genioplasty, and zygoma-reduction. No V-line, just slight mandible shaving thrown in to even out any asymmetry. So I can't say much about the results for TFD and EU but I can tell you my consultation experience with them. I personally liked Dr. Lee of TFD better than Dr. Kim of EU, although Dr. Kim seemed very precise and astute. They know each other and both worked at ID Hospital before. Dr. Kim says he does not use drainage tube after surgery making it sound like this is a more advanced way of doing it because he believes higher chance of infection if using it. However, Dr. Lee of TFD and Dr. Choi of GNG both use drainage (as do most places) and disagree saying that they believe drainage is important to get rid of the excess blood/fluid and its only done on day 1. Also, EU requires 30k won payment for a mold to be made in order to get consultation, which neither TFD nor GNG required. This is probably a carryover from what he was used to at ID, because ID also charges something like this. Funny thing is Dr. Kim barely looked at the mold during the consult. His consultant was kinda prissy and catty, talking **** about other clinics. And they are relatively new so they didn't have a lot of similar case photos to show me when I asked to see. Plus, they were more expensive than TFD. As for people dissatisfied with results, I agree it's probably because either they're still swollen or they have some ideal in mind that is often a slightly photoshopped after-image. I think good docs do take a more conservative approach and will not take off too much. I've seen over-cut faces here in koreatown Los Angeles and it is not a good look.

Hmm, well I've consulted with both TFD and EU but ended up going to GNG. I'm day 30 post-op right now for two-jaw, genioplasty, and zygoma-reduction. No V-line, just slight mandible shaving thrown in to even out any asymmetry. So I can't say much about the results for TFD and EU but I can tell you my consultation experience with them. I personally liked Dr. Lee of TFD better than Dr. Kim of EU, although Dr. Kim seemed very precise and astute. They know each other and both worked at ID Hospital before. Dr. Kim says he does not use drainage tube after surgery making it sound like this is a more advanced way of doing it because he believes higher chance of infection if using it. However, Dr. Lee of TFD and Dr. Choi of GNG both use drainage (as do most places) and disagree saying that they believe drainage is important to get rid of the excess blood/fluid and its only done on day 1. Also, EU requires 30k won payment for a mold to be made in order to get consultation, which neither TFD nor GNG required. This is probably a carryover from what he was used to at ID, because ID also charges something like this. Funny thing is Dr. Kim barely looked at the mold during the consult. His consultant was kinda prissy and catty, talking **** about other clinics. And they are relatively new so they didn't have a lot of similar case photos to show me when I asked to see. Plus, they were more expensive than TFD. As for people dissatisfied with results, I agree it's probably because either they're still swollen or they have some ideal in mind that is often a slightly photoshopped after-image. I think good docs do take a more conservative approach and will not take off too much. I've seen over-cut faces here in koreatown Los Angeles and it is not a good look.
Hi Joybo,how is your result of two jaw surgery?are you happy with the result?

Hi Joybo,how is your result of two jaw surgery?are you happy with the result?
Hi, so far I am very happy with my results. It is day 55 for me and I still have some residual swelling and stiffness in the scar tissue inside my mouth, which luckily is not at all visible from the outside. Otherwise there is improvement in my face shape and I'm looking cuter and younger and my face just looks a bit smaller. My mom, who is open to PS immediately noticed some change in my face when I came back but I just told her I got a little fat grafting, which she believed. My bf I told that I had wisdom teeth removal and some other major dental work to my gums, which he totally believed. Only concern now is that, apparently with all zygoma reductions, there will be a palpable bump at the sideburns. My bf likes to cup my face and I'm always worried he may feel this bump and start getting all concerned and telling me to see a doctor etc, and so I keep thinking about what I would tell him if that happens. Any ideas?

I went for a consultation with EU Dental last week. Kyla was very friendly and helpful in helping me with the translation and making sure that I feel comfortable speaking to the consultant and doctor

Consultation

So they started off by asking you to fill in the necessary details (ie. Health declaration etc). Kyla brought me to a consultation room for consultation with their beauty consultant. I was asked to send them the kind of facial features I want via KaKao. She actually printed out all the pictures before hand! They showed me the before and after pictures (as most clinic will do the same to their patient). One thing I like about them was that they will try to find similar cases to show me rather than randomly picking up pictures to show for the sake of showing.

CT Scan

After consultation, I was brought to do all the necessary scan and pictures taking. Also, a mold impression was made.

Consultation with doctor

I waited for half an hour for the doctor to come (he’s probably busy). . I went ahead for a consultation with Dr. Shin. Dr. Shin was very detailed in explaining the procedures and patient with my questions (though I didn’t really asked much since I know the procedures quite well becuz of my medical background). Kyla showed the pictures she printed (sent by me) to him and he just told me he will try his best (later he kind giggle, which I find it amusing too cuz I didn’t expect them to ask me to send them pictures. Well obviously I choose pictures of Idols that I like…or rather the face that I want lol). One thing I like about Dr. Shin is that he is more daring as to what he want to do to my jaw (shaving etc.) as compared to some other dental clinic I went being for conservative. He analysed my nerves position and went ahead with SSRO. Also, they don’t use drainage!

Consultation part 2

After the consultation with Dr. Shin. The beauty consultation came in again to discuss about the cost (the most impt part right?!). I love how not pushy they were as I told them I need to consult a few other clinics before paying the deposit. They agreed to lock the price for me while I go for consultation with other clinics. The cute part was that when I mentioned that I’m going to XXX dental clinic for consultation, they looked at each other and said “fighting”. LOL Guess the competition is really high in Seoul!

Overall

In general am really impressed and felt comfortable speaking to all the staff at EU Dental. Not that other clinics are cold or what, just that I feel more at home when am at EU Dental. I’ve decided to do my Two Jaw + Genioplasty + V line shaving with them. Update ya’ll again in October (my surgery month!)

Post Op Day 1 at EU Dental (TJ + VL):

I survived my first night at the hospital! 12 hours post surgery was a nightmare...ain't gonna sugar coat it but EU staff and nurses made it so much more tolerable. Will update more after discharge and back at my apartment:smile:

PS: EU staff bought me a sport drink early in the morning...how sweet! 감사합니다

Attachments

• 20181031_083907.jpg
    20181031_083907.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 575
Reactions: Yumigumi
Post Op Day 1 at EU Dental (TJ + VL):

I survived my first night at the hospital! 12 hours post surgery was a nightmare...ain't gonna sugar coat it but EU staff and nurses made it so much more tolerable. Will update more after discharge and back at my apartment:smile:

PS: EU staff bought me a sport drink early in the morning...how sweet! 감사합니다

Wish you all the best!! fighting!!!
and please let me ask one thing.
u were going consultation in June and done the surgery in Oct.
EU can hold your booking for long time.
The quotation price while your consultation is the same?
coz i heard some clinic will increase their price if u planned for surgery for 3 or 4 months later.

Wish you all the best!! fighting!!!
and please let me ask one thing.
u were going consultation in June and done the surgery in Oct.
EU can hold your booking for long time.
The quotation price while your consultation is the same?
coz i heard some clinic will increase their price if u planned for surgery for 3 or 4 months later.

Thanks for the well wishes!!! Nope they didn't change the price they quoted. Just needed to pay a small amount of deposit.

Post Op - 1 Week

Yeah! Finally Dr. Shin removed the rubber band as my bite is good. Just need to practice my bite and jaw muscles more frequently now. Swelling has gone down so much too. My swelling reached its peak on the 4th Day and and it went down quite quickly with the daily de-swelling laser treatment. So i guess its a good idea to stay near to your clinic cuz you may need to visit them on a daily basis for 2 weeks or more.

Reactions: Yumigumi
Between Dr Shin and Dr Kim of EU Dental - which one is better known/ known to have better results for two jaw and facial contouring?

And which one speaks English fluently?
i consultant with Dr.Kim last march.
He seem like a good person but can't speak that much English.
They provided you English translator so it shouldn't be problem.