ETOUPE??? pictures pretty please????

Yes, IMO it is totally different than gold...even with the variability in color based on different lighting and leathers, etoupe has gray tones while gold is more like camel...so they are very different...
I would pair gold with gold hardward/accessories/warm tones and etoupe with silver/cool tones.

I have to agree with Pepper that etoupe is much diferent than gold. It is a very cool color when paired with palladium and it goes with so much in all the color spectrums. I also like that it is not a "look at me" and "in your face" color, but it classy. I actually think it pairs better with more things than gold does the more I think about it. (That is tough to put in print with all these gold lovers here)

If you love it...you can't go wrong!!!

Just in case you still wonder about the colour, IMO, gris touterelle is just like etoupe but a paler version, I love it and here is my Kelly in gris tourterelle clemence.

Attachments

• DSC02125.JPG
    DSC02125.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 701
The Gris shows a pale grey - dove grey - in certain light with a hint of taupe to it.

The etoupe is a soft pure taupe colour - both of which are exquisite colours and SO different from gold. I hope the pics help. In fact the etoupe is even more pale than the pic - the gris is very close to the real deal.

Attachments

• d35clgrtpso.jpg
    d35clgrtpso.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 629
  • d30etclpso.jpg
    d30etclpso.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 594
what lovely pictures ladies! thank you for sharing! etoupe is indeed a very pretty neutral color! saw gris tor. IRL but not etoupe, so this has been confusing to me if the color is more "gray" vs. "brown". and I believe in swift leather, it'll be so soft and cool!

This thread is dangerous!!! I never really considered etoupe or gris, but my DH saw what I believed to be an etoupe birkin in the FSH store while we were there and He loved the color. To me, at least from the pics, etoupe has more brown undertones and gris has a more pale white, silver undertones. I could be wrong. All of these pics are giving me some very BAD ideas!!!

Happy to see this thread - I love all the "Gris" of Hermes!
Last winter Madison store had a Kelly in the window - light grey, shown with outfit in a few different brown tones - looked amazing.
Bababebi,
Your Kelly is gorgeous, I've ordered the same in Clemence a year ago, and it just came - in Togo! I am not sure if the Gris Tourterelle is the same in Togo and Clemence, it could be a bit lighter in Clemence (which I prefer to Togo). I also love your Graphite Box Kelly - I placed the SO after I saw the picture you've posted while ago. BTW, I adore your collection, it reflects my own taste very much.
There is also a beautiful VERY LIGHT grey called Grege Pale 3A, I saw it in Clemence a couple of years ago in Paris store, but I am not sure if it's still available. It's lighter and cooler grey than Gris Tourterelle.

I love both Etoupe and Gris T - they are the MOST neutral colors ever, more than gold (JMO:yes:). I like to wear prints lately (Missoni is being my favorite, Etro and Pucci - just some) and Gris T works perfectly with almost EVERYTHING.

It's beautiful with Black as well - the edge finish is actually black.

Elena