Etoupe or Rose Jaipur for Evelyne?

cavalla

O.G.
May 13, 2011
So I tried both etoupe and rose Jaipur, and am now in such a dilemma. I can't choose between the two. I'm in general a person with colors, so rose Jaipur tends to catch my attention. But since the color is so specific and unique - bright but a bit light/pale (in contrary to being saturated). I'm not so sure how much use I will be able to get out of it. Usually saturated bold colors compliment my skin tone and character a bit better. I also own a lot of colors. Will it be easy to pair rose Jaipur with other colors?

Etoupe is really not a love at first sight for me. But since I own so many colors, I'm wondering if it will actually be a good idea to add it to my colorful world to make my wardrobe more complete.

Any Etoupe or rose Jaipur owners out there to share your thoughts? Really appreciate it!

I read where someone thought etoupe looked like a dead mouse and I thought "yes it does" . I had a etoupe evelyne that I ordered from hermes.com and after opening the box, I sent it back. I do like the gold evelyne, but think this bag looks fabulous in color.

I agree with poster above that I love gold Evelyn's. That's the color I would get if I got an Evelyn. I have an etoupe b and it was not love at first sight either but over time I've grown to love it cause it goes with EVERYTHING! Most of my other "pop" color bags are worn specific to an outfit but it's because I'm matchy-matchy. If ur not and ur heart sings with the rose Jaipur then you should go for that but if ur going to be bothered by not having ur bag match, then go for Etoupe (or better yet, gold!)

I was actually trying both gold and etoupe and my heart immediately went to gold. But then I turned over and I noticed that it's basically the same color as the mulberry bayswater I was carrying so I put gold away....

I guess I don't really do matchy matchy. I like to always have a pop of some bright colors (except for the days that I'm not in great mood and just want to stay low-key), so I even use contrasting colors to enhance the effects sometimes. That's why I'm not sure if rose Jaipur has such strong character to show or to play with? Anyone owns a rose Jaipur bag? Meanwhile.... The dead mouse...... Hmmmm........ It does look like it!

Thank you girls for your input~

I don't own either but that's because I'm not a pink or etoupe gal. However, I think you should go with the RJ. You said yourself that the etoupe was not love at first sight and you prefer bright colors so I think you have to go with what you like, not what you think would be "safe".

I'm a firm believer that a bag is an accessory. It doesn't matter what you wear it with, you can still make it work. I have an anemone Birkin and I use it with every color - from green to blue to orange to red. I have pics posted in my instagram (same user name as my tpf name) and you can see that no matter what color I wear it with, I can make it work.

I think you can make RJ work with anything- especially a bag like the Evelyne which is more casual. I say go with what makes your heart sing and forget about trying to fit in a neutral --there's no such thing as having too much color in your life!

I don't have either but I think Evie looks really amazing in bright colors. If your heart is not into it, don't go with etoupe--you'll just be rationalizing. You can always get other bag (H or non-H) in neutral color.

I have the Evelyne in Rose Jaipur epsom and I have to say it is indeed a very vibrant colour. If you love loud colours then this is the one to go for. I saw one in clemence last week and I actually prefer it over the epsom. The colour looks brighter and more neon pink in clemence. In epsom, it looks more reddish.

I have the Evelyne in Rose Jaipur epsom and I have to say it is indeed a very vibrant colour. If you love loud colours then this is the one to go for. I saw one in clemence last week and I actually prefer it over the epsom. The colour looks brighter and more neon pink in clemence. In epsom, it looks more reddish.

Forgot to ask what leather it was. But it looks like Clemence to me. Do you have any mod pics with your RJ Evelyne? I'm really curious how it will play with other colors!

TIA!!

So I tried both etoupe and rose Jaipur, and am now in such a dilemma. I can't choose between the two. I'm in general a person with colors, so rose Jaipur tends to catch my attention. But since the color is so specific and unique - bright but a bit light/pale (in contrary to being saturated). I'm not so sure how much use I will be able to get out of it. Usually saturated bold colors compliment my skin tone and character a bit better. I also own a lot of colors. Will it be easy to pair rose Jaipur with other colors?

Etoupe is really not a love at first sight for me. But since I own so many colors, I'm wondering if it will actually be a good idea to add it to my colorful world to make my wardrobe more complete.

Any Etoupe or rose Jaipur owners out there to share your thoughts? Really appreciate it!
+1 for Rose Jaipur. What a beautiful pink