Etoupe in what leather? & Which blue in Togo?

aspp

O.G.
Jan 26, 2008
Hi everyone,
I come with questions again, but I really do need your help, please.
I would like to know in which leather does etoupe color usually come with, togo? Also what about the blue color, which blue will look best in togo leather?
I am thinking about ordering another birkin 30 with my SA, still can not choose between this two colors. Thank you.:smile:

hermes_lemming

my little etoupe
O.G.
May 5, 2006
Etoupe's also very stunning in clemence. As for blue, how about the BDP color? It's TDF!

hermesmonkey

Feb 18, 2008
Etoupe is very pretty in chevre, togo, and clemence. Just depends upon how much structure you want. Blue? Do you want a light/bright blue or a medium blue or a dark blue?? In togo, I would choose blue jean. It's so pretty, and oh so H. I find bleu de prusse a bit dull...it doesn't wow me at first glance. Don't get me wrong, bdp is a beautiful color, but I think it's best in box, not togo. Similar properties to black.

zoopla

May 17, 2008
^^ I have BDP and Etoupe in Togo. I love both these colors in this leather. I find BDP to be very neutral and it doesn't clash with what you wear--I like that.

aspp

O.G.
Jan 26, 2008
Thank you so much hermes_lemming & hermesmonkey for your info and comments.
But to be frank, I can not make a decision between etoupe and the blue tone, I just love both!! I do not think I should order both at the same time as I can not take them both within short length period of time :sad:

LIBRADIAMONDS

Jan 25, 2009
Thank you so much hermes_lemming & hermesmonkey for your info and comments.
But to be frank, I can not make a decision between etoupe and the blue tone, I just love both!! I do not think I should order both at the same time as I can not take them both within short length period of time :sad:
Get the etoupe in chevre, togo or clemence first. Very neutral and versatile and will work with so many colours.:tup:

Oct 19, 2008
Northern Virginia
I have an etoupe birkin in Swift. I LOVE the color it's very neutral. It's very warm with the gold hardware. It's slouchy and fun. I also have a BdP birkin in clemence. I love that too. But again I want informality and less structure. More structured bags make me feel like a grown up--and I never want to completely grow up! :supacool:

melliesmom10

Jun 23, 2007
I would get the Etoupe first. It's a the greatest neutral. I have BdP in a birkin and SO Kelly, have yet to wear them.

pigleto972001

Guh.
O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
both are fabulous colors...i must put a plug in for bleu de prusse (bluh duh proosse), which goes with so many things! but if u want a true neutral i'd go for etoupe :smile: (i have the bdp and am thinking etoupe would fill a hole in my wardrobe in terms of browns).

aspp

O.G.
Jan 26, 2008
Just need more opinion from you please. I am gonna call my SA tomorrow to order birkin in etoupe. Anyhow, I still can not choose leather, although I more love togo as for its grain and softness. I want a structured bag but not too structured to be so formal, just prefer a casual look. Opinion please...:yes:

hermesmonkey

Feb 18, 2008
Chevre or togo will serve you well. Are you getting a 35 or 30? If 35, and you definitely want structure, be careful as togo can slouch as well on that size. If you truly want structure in a 35, you need to go chevre. In a 30, both will be fine. Clemence will definitely slouch on a 35 and not as much with a 30 if you store her well. Oh so exciting! There has been a lot of etoupe around, so perhaps you don't even need to wait long if your SA is a "good bean!".